About Pediatric Psychology
Pediatric Psychology at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida is dedicated to providing emotional support and mental health services for children diagnosed with cancer. And, because the entire family is affected by a cancer diagnosis, our specialist also works with parents, siblings and grandparents to suggest strategies for coping with childhood cancer.
Our specialists help children and their families adjust to the impact of diagnosis and treatment, and continues to provide supportive services even after treatment.
Most common treatments and therapies:
- Behavioral techniques to manage anxiety
- Consultation with teachers, students and school administrators
- Individual and family therapy
- Play therapy
- Support groups and workshops for patients and parents
- Survivorship counseling and education