About Lee Community Healthcare
Lee Community Healthcare (LCH) is a community health center established in May of 2011 which received federally qualified health center look-alike (FQHC-LA) designation on February 26, 2015.
Lee Community Healthcare Locations include:
- Lehigh Acres (adults, pediatrics and Ob/Gyn) *New Location Click here for directions
- Dunbar (adults only) Click here for directions
- North Fort Myers (adults only) Click here for directions
- Cape Coral (adults only) Click here for directions
- East Fort Myers (Ob/Gyn) Click here for directions
- South Fort Myers (Ob/Gyn) Click here for directions
From its 45 physicians, advanced practitioners, midwives, nurses and support staff provide primary medical care to the medically uninsured and economically distressed residents of southwest Florida. In 2016, it was estimated that 250,008 Lee County residents were living in low-income households, 140,476 lacked some form of health insurance coverage, and 129,874 lacked access to primary health care services. In response to these acute community needs the team at Lee Community Healthcare saw 9,546 patients during 25,070 office visits in 2017.
Choosing Us Makes Sense Because…
The Right Care starts with a commitment by our care teams to focus on patients and what is best for them. It strives to develop a close provider-patient relationship through longer visits, and seeks to empower each patient to truly understand and take ownership in their own health.
The Right Place means placing offices in the heart of those communities where primary care services for the uninsured and medically under-served are lacking, and maintaining a proximity close to local emergency rooms wherever possible.
The Right Time involves providing extended hours during the workweek and on the weekend so that working families can more easily access the care they need. Emphasizing preventive patient care before a serious health issue arises means a healthier patient and a reduced likelihood of them having to go to the hospital.
Treatment & Services
Provided by Lee Community Healthcare directly:
- Primary medical care for adults (all locations) & children (only at Lehigh Acres)
- Diagnostic laboratory and radiological services
- Cancer and other disease screenings
- Immunizations (adults only)
- Screening for elevated blood levels, communicable diseases and cholesterol
- Behavioral health care
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, hypertension, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and congestive heart failure
- Appropriate Enabling Services such as case management, referrals outreach, transportation assistance, interpreters and patient education Provided by other organizations, through a referral
- Pediatric care, including well-child services (only at Lehigh Acres)
- Obstetric and gynecological care, including prenatal and perinatal care
- Providing assistance to patients in obtaining discounted medications
Provided by Partner Providers by referral:
- Complex mental health and substance abuse services
- Emergency medical care
- Emergency and routine dental care
How Much Will I Pay?
We welcome all existing Medicaid and Medicare recipients as well as patients possessing private insurance. In addition, our highly trained staff routinely assists patients in evaluating their eligibility to purchase health insurance through the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges, and in signing up for Medicaid or Medicare benefits. No one is ever turned away because they lack the money to pay for their care.
Lee Community Healthcare Annual Report
Contact Lee Community Healthcare
Call us today to find out more information about your treatment options, to schedule a consultation or to make an appointment.
What Makes Lee Community Healthcare Unique
Lee Community Healthcare is a federally qualified health center look-alike (FQHC-LAL). Funding and operational support for Lee Community Healthcare is provided by: Lee Health; the United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties; the State of Florida; and Lee Physician Group. Lee Community Healthcare’s Dunbar, North Fort Myers and Cape Coral offices have attained NCQA Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home status.