Helping You Manage Your Diabetes
Until There's a Cure, There is Help
Since 1987, Lee Diabetes Care at Lee Health has been serving the residents of Southwest Florida by providing education programs designed to help you achieve the delicate balance needed to control your diabetes. Education on proper nutrition (carbohydrate counting), medication, exercise, and stress management are the key components taught to achieve this balance.
Lee Diabetes Care is an excellent resource for people with diabetes at any stage. We offer a complete program of treatment and consultation services, through both inpatient and outpatient care.
The Certified Diabetes Educators at Lee Diabetes Care will help you to achieve a healthier lifestyle, which will improve your blood sugar control, avoid or delay the onset of diabetes complications, and enhance your overall health. Our educators work with your doctor to develop a treatment plan that it tailored to your individual diabetes needs.
The American Diabetes Association has recognized Lee Diabetes Care for quality patient education in accordance with the National Standards for Diabetes Patient Education Programs since 1989.
Do you know:
- What carbohydrates are and what foods contain them?
- How many carbohydrates you should eat daily?
- When you should take your oral medication?
- When you should inject your insulin?
- That products labeled "no sugar added" are not sugar free?
- What stress does to your blood sugar level?
- How many times a day and when you should test your blood sugar?
- What your blood sugar level should be in the morning? After meals?
These questions will be answered and so many more when you attend our diabetes education programs. Don't wait! Call us today at 239-424-3127.