A facility founded by the community for the community, Cape Coral Hospital serves as a center for health and wellness by providing an optimal healing environment focused on health, prevention, healing and connectivity.
- Established: 1977
- Joined Health System: 1996
- Type of Facility: Acute Care
- Number of Beds: 291 (Total)
- Number of Patients Seen Annually: 55,000+
- Number of Physicians: 600+
- Number of Employees: 1200 +/-
- Number of Volunteers: 1000+
- As part of Lee Memorial Health System, Cape Coral Hospital is committed to patient safety—it is the No.1 core value.
- Cape Coral Hospital serves as the community’s premier hospital and center for health and wellness by providing an optimal healing environment focused on health, prevention, healing and connectivity.
- Cape Coral Hospital received a Department of Defense grant through the Samueli Institute for study as an optimal healing environment.
- Cape Coral Hospital is a 291-bed acute care facility with all private rooms.
- The hospital joined our health system in 1996.
- With approximately 1,200 employees, it has a medical staff of more than 600 physicians and benefits from the generosity of more than 1,000 volunteers.
- Cape Coral Hospital is a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designated hospital providing geriatric services and exemplary care to all hospitalized adults age 65 years and older.
- Cape Coral Hospital is the first community hospital in the state of Florida to receive the Governor’s Sterling Award. For 23 years, the Sterling Award has recognized organizations and businesses that have successfully achieved performance excellence within their management and operations.
- Cape Coral Hospital earned the Florida Hospital Association’s Celebration of Service Award for Leadership in Quality and Patient Safety. This award recognizes the success of establishing safety behaviors and error prevention as daily habits.
- Cape Coral Hospital offers a family-centered birth experience, and provides a welcoming and family-oriented environment. Cape Coral Hospital was the first hospital in the state to achieve the 4 Star Award of “Florida Quest for Quality Maternity Care Award” Baby Steps to a Baby-Friendly Hospital. This initiative focuses on increasing breastfeeding initiation and duration among Florida women.
- The hospital’s Emergency Department sees more than 60,000 patients annually.
- The Wellness Center – Cape Coral—one of Lee Memorial Health System’s two Wellness Centers—is a medically based fitness center, which provides members access to state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment, group exercise classes, two indoor pools, massage services, a healthy café and pro shop.
Services include the following:
- DNV-GL Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women’s Care—Family Birth Suites
- Gentle cesarean section
- Golden hour after birth—skin to skin contact
- Special Care Nursery
- 10-bed Neurosurgical Progressive Care Unit
- Cardiology/Diagnostic Cardiac Angiography
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Specialists
- Pulmonary diagnostics—both inpatient and outpatient
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Chronic Disease Programs
- DNV-GL Certified Diabetes Program
- Weight Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Lab Services
- Imaging Services