Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida is a state-of-the-art, family-centered, full-service children's hospital. This stand-alone facility located on the HealthPark Medical Center campus is dedicated to the unique health care needs of children.
- Established: 1994
- Type of Facility: Pediatric Acute Care
- Number of Dedicated Pediatric Beds: 128
- Number of Patients Seen Annually: 22,000+
- Number of Pediatric Providers: 500+
- Number of Pediatric Specialists: 70+
- Number of Pediatric Specialty Areas: 22
- Number of People Helped Through Child Advocacy Programs: 95,000+
- Currently a 98-bed inpatient facility that opened within HealthPark Medical Center in 1994. A new Golisano Children’s Hospital will open with 128 beds in spring 2017.
- The only accredited children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami, Golisano Children’s Hospital is an active member of both the Children’s Hospital Association and the Florida Association of Children’s Hospitals.
- The hospital provides vital health care for the region’s sick and injured children and their families, from infancy through age 18.
- More than 500 specially trained pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists and other support staff provides care for children as young as premature infants to adolescents.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital has more than 70 pediatric specialists who have advanced training to treat children and adolescents and their families.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital cares for our community’s most fragile patients, either in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, our General Pediatric Medical –Surgical Unit or in our Pediatric Cancer program/ unit. In addition, we provide specialized services for children in our Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and in our Pediatric Sedation Unit.
- The region’s only state-designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center (Level II and III Neonatal intensive Care Unit) has achieved the No. 1 ranking in the state of Florida based on the outcomes of premature infants. The unit has 48 beds at Golisano Children’s Hospital and 10 special care nursery beds at Cape Coral Hospital.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital is a statedesignated Cystic Fibrosis Center, and is the only one in the region.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital has a dedicated hematology/oncology program. This program is staffed by specialized nurses who care for young cancer patients and give them a “home away from home.” This is the area’s only pediatric hematology/oncology program nationally certified by the Children’s Oncology Group through the National Cancer Institute.
- The hospital is designated by the state of Florida as the regional referral center for Sickle Cell Disorders.
- Of quintessential importance, Golisano Children’s Hospital employs eight child life specialists and music therapists, all of whom make a child and family’s experience less intimidating and more fun while receiving care.
- The hospital also employs a specialized school teacher so that children do not fall behind on schoolwork while they are in the hospital.
- The Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center cares for children with complex special needs in a day care setting so parents are able to work during the day.
- The hospital has provided support and education through the Child Advocacy Program to more than 95,000 people in Collier and Lee counties, including unintentional injury prevention and health education.
- The Pediatric Emergency Department at Golisano Children’s Hospital treats more than 25,000 children from Charlotte, Collier and Lee counties each year. A new, separate Pediatric Emergency Department will be included in the new Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- We have three dedicated transport ambulances and a pediatric and neonatal transport team always “at the ready” to transport critically ill children from anywhere in the region to Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital was recognized by the National Research Corporation as the best performing children’s hospital nationwide in delivering excellent patient experience. We’re leading the way on the path to patient-centered care with more than 98% of patients saying they were satisfied overall with care at the facility. This was the highest score of all 109 children’s hospitals in their comparison group. National Research selected Path to Excellence award recipients based on their achievement within categories that patients have identified as being most important to the quality of their care.
Treatment & Services Provided
Treatment & Services available within hospital:
- Level II and III Neonatal Intensive Care Center
- Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center
- Pediatric Services
- Hospitalist Program
- General Pediatric Beds
- Pediatric Emergency Services
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Extended Care Center
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Outpatient Services
- Child Life Specialists
- School Teacher
- Music Therapy Program
- Child Advocacy/Safe Kids Program
- Social Services
- Spiritual Services
- Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Teams
- On-site Ronald McDonald House
- Sedation Unit
- Epilepsy Monitoring Program