- Clinical Interests:
- Pediatric HIV/AIDS
- Infection control
- Fort Myers: Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Patients Treated:
- Children and Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- Medical School:
- West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, W.V.
- Pediatric Residency, West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, W.V.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship, University of Florida in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters in Norfolk, Vir.
- Board Certification(s):
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
As a Pediatric Infectious Diseases specialist, Dr. Churchill treats newborns, children, adolescents, and young adults with acquired or congenital disorders of the immune system.
Dr. Churchill manages a variety of acute and chronic infectious diseases, including Asplenia associated infections, Atypical mycobacterial diseases (scrofula), infectious diseases, including HIV infection and AIDS, pnuemonia, fever, infections in immunocompromised children, infectious mononucleosis and other EBV infections, respiratory infections (including influenza), sinusitis, viral infections, ear infection (otitis media), meningitis, sepsis in the newborn infant, travel medicine and parasites, tuberculosis, vaccines, and infection control.
Dr. Churchill is a medical graduate from West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, West Virginia (1988). She completed a pediatric residency at West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, West Virginia. Dr. Churchill has completed fellowships in Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of Florida in Jacksonville, and Eastern Virginia Medical School, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters in Norfolk, Va.
Dr. Churchill is Board Certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
Memberships & Affiliations
Some of her past and present professional memberships include:
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Member, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
Dr. Churchill was an associate professor/attending physician Pediatic infectious Disease Division, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Children's Specialty Group in Norfolk, Vir.
Dr. Churchill was a research assistant and later a research associate at the West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center in Morganton, W.V.
Dr. Churchill's professional career has included numerous research projects, presentations, publications and abstracts.
Dr. Churchill has been awarded:
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor (2011)