- Clinical Interests:
- Pediatric diabetes
- Growth disorders
- Disorders of puberty
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Patients Treated:
- Children and Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- Medical School:
- University of Tripoli, Libya
- Pediatric Residency, Ochsner Clinic Foundation and Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship, University of Texas, Houston, Tex.
- Additional Training:
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital, Lyndon B. Johnson Community Hospital, all of Houston, Tex., and Stollery Children's Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Board Certification(s):
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
Dr. Jehaimi treats children, adolescents, and young adults with diseases affecting the body's endocrine system (a collection of glands that produce hormones that regulate your body's growth, metabolism, and sexual development and function).
Treatments include Insulin Pump Therapy, Insulin Resistance, Amenorrhea, High Cholesterol, Pituitary diseases, Diabetes Insipidus, Diabetes Type 1 & 2, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Klinefelter Syndrome, DiGeorge Syndrome, Hypoparathyroidism, Addison's Disease, Turner's Syndrome, Calcium Disorders, Rickets, Short Stature, Polycystic Ovaries, Thyroid Disorders, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Hypopituitarism, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH), Precocious Puberty, Delayed Puberty, Hypoglycemia, Silver-Russell Syndrome, Noonan Syndrome, High Prolactin, Septo-Optic Dysplasia, and Vitamin D Deficiency.
He welcomes all children who need evaluation for any hormonal dysfunction.
Dr. Jehaimi is a medical graduate of Tripoli University in Libya (2000). He completed internships in Libya and Alberta, Canada (2002), followed by Pediatric Residency training at Ochsner Clinic Foundation and Tulane University in New Orleans, La. (2007). Dr. Jehaimi completed his fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, Texas (2010), which included training at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Childrens Memorial Hermann Hospital and Lyndon B. Johnson Community Hospital.
Dr. Jehaimi is Board Certified in General Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP), Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP), Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Endocrinology (ABPE), Diplomate of the American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists (ABPNS) and Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
Memberships & Affiliations
Some of Dr. Jehaimi's past and present professional memberships include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialist
- Diplomate, The American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellowship, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, The Endocrine Society
- Member, American Diabetes Association
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Associate, Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Associate, Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
Dr. Jehaimi has been awarded:
- Castle Connolly Top Pediatric Endocrinologist, (2017-2018)
- Health Grades Recognized Doctor, (2011-2018)
- Patient's Choice Award, (2008-2018)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, (2010-2018)