- Clinical Interests:
- Eye muscle disorders
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Childhood cataracts and glaucoma
- Nasolacrimal duct obstructions
- Ocular injuries
- Patients Treated:
- Children & Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- Medical School:
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami
- Transitional Internship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, UPMC Mercy Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, UPMC Eye and Ear Institute
- Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship, Indiana University Medical Center, Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis
- Board Certification(s):
As a pediatric ophthalmologist, (Medical and surgical eye doctor), Dr. Kovarik treats children, adolescents, and young adults with eye conditions caused by disease, injury and acquired or congenital defect.
Dr. Kovarik manages a variety of conditions of the eye, including eye muscle disorders, amblyopia (“lazy eye”), retinopathy of prematurity (often called ROP), childhood cataracts and glaucoma, ptosis (droopy eye lid), nasolacrimal duct (tear duct) obstructions, and ocular injuries.
Dr. Kovarik is trained in all areas of pediatric ophthalmology (conditions of the eye in children and adolescents).
She earned her medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
in Miami. She completed a transitional internship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, UPMC Mercy Hospital and an an ophthalmology residency at the University of Pittsburgh
Medical Center, UPMC Eye and Ear Institute. Dr. Kovarik also completed a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology at Indiana University Medical Center, Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.
Dr. Kovarik is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Memberships & Affiliations
Some of her past and present professional memberships include:
- Member of the American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology