- Clinical Interests:
- Epilepsy management
- Vagal nerve stimulation
- Cerebral palsy
- Tic disorders
- Malformations of the brain
- Nerve and muscle disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities
- Developmental delay
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Pediatric Specialty Clinic* - Naples
- Patients Treated:
- Children and Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- Medical School:
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Mo.
- Pediatric Residency, Miami Children's Hospital, Miami, Fla.
- Pediatric Neurology Fellowship, University of Chicago, Comer Children's Hospital, Chicago, Ill.
- Board Certification(s):
- Neurology with special qualifications in Child Neurology
Dr. Philipps treats children, adolescents, and young adults with diseases and disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles.
Dr. Philipps' clinical interests include Vigral Nerve Stimulator programming, autism spectrum disorders, general pediatric neurology, migraines, management of epilepsy and its comorbidities, cerebral palsy, concussions, tics, malformations of the central nervous system, neurodevelopmental disabilities, and post-infectious disease.
He welcomes all children who need evaluation for any neurological condition.
Dr. Philipps is a medical graduate of Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri (2006). He completed internships (2007), followed by Pediatric Residency training at Miami Children's Hospital, Miami, Fla. (2008). Dr. Philipps completed his fellowship in Pediatric Neurology at the University of Chicago, Comer Children's Hospital, Chicago, Ill.
Dr. Philipps is Board Certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
Memberships & Affiliations
Some of Dr. Philipps's past and present professional memberships include:
- Member, American Epilepsy Association
- Member, American Academy of Neurology (AAN) 2008
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2006
- Member, Child Neurology Society (CNS) 2010
Dr. Philipps is fluent in English and Spanish.
Awards & Recognitions
Dr. Philipps has been awarded:
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor (2011)