- Clinical Interests:
- Cognitive effects of childhood cancer
- Neuropsychological effects of sickle cell disease
- Pain management
- Pediatric cancer survivorship
- Coping with chronic illness
- Parenting a child with chronic illness
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Pediatric Specialty Clinic* - Naples
- Patients Treated:
- Children and Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Child Clinical and Pediatric Psychology Intership – Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.
- Pediatric Psychology and Neuropsychology Fellowship – Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.
As a Pediatric Psychologist, Dr. Shimoda cares for children, adolescents, young adults, (and parents) undergoing the emotional, psycological and social challenges of cancer treatment, sickle cell disease, pain management, chronic illness, cancer survivorship, and parenting a chronically sick child.
Dr. Shimoda earned her graduate degree from University of Utah, Salt Lake City and later interned in Child Clinical and Pediatric Psychology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
Dr. Shimoda completed her fellowship in pediatric psychology and neuropsychology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
Dr. Shimoda is the Director of the Psychosocial Program, Yawkey Counseling Center in the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Program at Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida.