- Clinical Interests:
- Advanced minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopy
- General surgery
- Congenital chest wall malformations
- Fort Myers: Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Patients Treated:
- Children and Adolescents Only
- For Appointment:
- Medical School:
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Surgical Residency, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship, Miami Children's Hospital, Miami, Fla.
- Board Certification(s):
Dr. Stanfill treats children, adolescents, and young adults with illnesses, injuries or disorders that require surgical intervention, such as surgical repair of birth defects, diagnosis and surgical care of tumors, gastrointestinal surgery, and other surgical procedures for children. Her clinical expertise are in pediatric laparascopy, neonatal surgery, oncological surgery, pediatric thoracic surgery, minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Stanfill provides a supportive, age appropriate approach to pediatric surgery in order to reduce the stress of a child and family who face the often frightening prospect of surgery.
Amy Stanfill, M.D. is a medical graduate of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa (2000). She completed her Pediatric Residency training in surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Dr. Stanfill completed her fellowship in Pediatric Surgery at Miami Children's Hospital, Miami.
Dr. Stanfill is Board Certified in General Surgery.
From 2007-2012, Dr. Stanfill served as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria in Peoria, Ill.
Dr. Stanfill earned the Outstanding Teacher of the Year award at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
Dr. Stanfill has been awarded:
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor (2011)