Our patient care staff lives our purpose each day, creating comfort for patients and their families through their compassion and clinical competence. - Donna Giannuzzi, RN, Chief Patient Care Officer.
The Lee Health's Patient Care Services Division focuses on nursing excellence. It is actualized in every patient encounter. As a division, we strive to provide the highest level of service to our patients. Quality is inherent in everything we do and we recognize that our ability to provide the highest level of service is dependent upon our staff.
Our goals include to continue to be the employee of choice for our nurses, the retention of our highly skilled staff, the empowerment of bedside nurses to drive change within the organization and the incorporation of evidence based nursing practice.
Nurses within the system have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of practice settings. Our Nursing Residency Program supports both the professional development of novice nurses and the desire of experienced nurses to seek change in their practice area.
Philosophy of Nursing
- We all believe that the provision of highly skilled, competent and compassionate nursing care is essential.
- Regulatory and professional nursing standards provide the cornerstone of our nursing practice and patient care.
- We believe that professional nursing is a dynamic process based upon a combination of knowledge, skills and the provision of care that incorporate the professional values of respect, dignity, integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity and commitment to excellence.
- We strive to improve the quality of patient outcomes, refine the delivery of patient care and develop our model for evidence based nursing practice.
- We recognize that each nurse has the responsibility and accountability to provide excellent care in clinical practice and patient management.
- Professional nurses have the right and responsibility to participate in decisions that affect nursing practice and patient care.
- We believe in creating a model climate for nursing practice and patient care.
- We care for all of our colleagues who are charged with the responsibility for patient care.
- Our practice is enhanced in a decentralized, professional environment. Nursing excellence is achieved through a commitment to life-long learning and professional advancement.
- We believe our patients and their families receive optimum health care in a nurturing and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration.
- As patient advocates, we respect the human rights of all our patients.
- We are committed to partnering with patients and their families to provide needed knowledge and skills to promote self-care and the highest state of wellness whenever possible.