The Compliance Department is a resource for information, guidance, and coordination of compliance activities within the divisions and departments of Lee Health.
Compliance with rules of ethics and business conduct can become confusing. If you find yourself in a situation where you are unsure of the implications or are in doubt and need clarification, there are numerous resources available to assist you in meeting the challenges of performing your duties and responsibilities. The Compliance Office at 239-343-3108 is here to assist you with any questions you may have and when necessary, direct you to the appropriate resource.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services links:
- CMS Open Payments Portal Registration Step-by-Step Guide PowerPoint
- FAQs for Open Payments Mobile for Physicians
- Open Payments User Guide
- Open Payments Physician Fact Sheet (physician Payments Sunshine Act)
- CMS Open Payment Program
Disclosure of Financial Interest Information
- Disclosure Financial Interest(PowerPoint)
- Disclosure of Financial Interests (Policy / Questionnaire)
Medicare Inpatient-Only Procedures
- Medical Decision-Making Chart for Medicare Patient Status: Inpatient-Only Procedure, Observation, or Inpatient Admission?
- Medicare Inpatient-Only List
- Addendum E of Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) Rule: Final HCPCS Codes that are Paid Only as Inpatient Procedures for CY 2015
- Medicare Claims Processing Manual – Part B and OPPS
Physician Owned Distributorships
- OIG - Spinal Devices Supplied by Physician-Owned Distributors: Overview of Prevalence and Use
- OIG - Special Fraud Alert: Physician-Owned Entities