An Award-Winning Skilled Nursing Facility
Skilled Nursing Centers
Our Skilled Nursing Centers provide rehabilitative care for patients who, following a hospital stay due to an illness or injury, are not physically ready to return home or to a long-term care facility. Our short-term care centers combine focused medical care with personalized support services to help patients achieve their optimal health and independence.
Our Medicare-certified program provides around-the-clock registered nurse duty and 24-hour physician availability. During their stay, patients may receive:
- physical therapy
- occupational therapy
- speech therapy
- other restorative care
- daily recreational therapy
- services of a social worker
- assistance from a case manager for discharge planning
Whether recovering from joint/orthopedic surgery, a stroke, heart surgery or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), our goal is to assist each patient with his or her rehabilitation needs and prepare him or her to return home as quickly as possible. We are committed to providing the highest level of patient care through personalized rehabilitative treatments.
Skilled Nursing Care
Our staff is dedicated to providing quality care that focuses on the dignity and individual needs of each patient. Nurses help patients learn to care for themselves or teach family caregivers the home-care skills they will need for patients who cannot care for themselves. Other skilled nursing services include:
- IV therapy, including care of central venous catheters
- hyperalimentation (nutriennts by IV feeding)
- tracheostomy care
- pain management with IM and/or IV narcotics for chronically or terminally ill patients
- initial application and regulation of oxygen therapy and respiratory monitoring recently-initiated gastrostomy tube feedings
- wound care
- treatment of recently diagnosed problems that may result in having an ostomy, draining wounds or loss of control of bowel or bladder function
- teaching the patient and family skills needed for transition to home setting
Our Skilled Nursing Centers serves patients who require daily skilled rehabilitation therapy and nursing care under the supervision of a physician. Other requirements for admittance include:
- meet Medicare skilled criteria for admission
- be at least 18 years of age
- have no primary psychiatric diagnosis
- be covered by Medicare or private insurance, or have verification of ability to self-pay (a deposit may be required)
- be attended by a physician on staff at Lee Health (a physician assignment can be made, if necessary)
Your Care Transition Plan
Soon after admission we assemble an interdisciplinary team of professionals to define patient goals and discuss any potential barriers to progress. A Care Transition Plan is created for each patient and customized to ensure that he or she will return home as quickly and safely as possible.
As the date of discharge approaches and if appropriate, our team can complete a home evaluation to ensure your safe transition to the next level of care.
Most patients who recover at one of our Skilled Nursing Centers are able to be restored to their previous quality of life. The outcomes they receive enable them to return home and enjoy better mobility, less pain, greater joint flexibility and faster recovery.