Lee Health has a long tradition of excellence in the surgical treatment of vascular diseases, both blood vessel and lymphatic system conditions. These physicians specialize in endovascular procedures, venous disease and risk reduction management.
Vascular surgeons perform nearly all venal or arterial surgery, with the exception of procedures done to vessels within the brain and heart — these are typically performed by a neurosurgeon or cardiothoracic surgeon. Vascular surgeries are often "endovascular" procedures, which generally involve the placement of catheters or stents to maintain open arteries or veins.
Vascular surgery is also often used to:
- treat abdominal aneurysms
- treat blocked arteries in the neck or upper chest to help prevent a possible stroke
- repair a vascular injury
- redirect blood vessels in patients with poor circulation
We provide diagnosis and treatments such as:
- Abdominal and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
- Atherosclerosis Vascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Peripheral Venous Disease
- Vearicose Veins
- Venous Blood Clots