Military Support Program
Supporting our nation's military
The Lee Health Military Support Program helps:
- Military men and women and their families while deployed
- Returning troops - providing resume building, VA benefits, job placement, re-adjustment to civilian living
- Homeless veterans
- Local veterans - providing referrals and assistance
We need your help in collecting items for the troops. We are sponsoring many troops living out of their backpacks. They have asked us for the following items:
- Granola bars
- Trail mix
- Coffee pods
- Microwaveable meals
- Travel size q-tips
- Suntan lotion
- Meals in a pouch (example – tuna)
What does the Military Support Program do?
At Lee Health, we support our nation's military and veterans with fundraisers, donations, care packages, and other types of support.
Since 2003, we have:
- Sponsored Military Appreciation Day on the first Saturday of November, an event all about the vets and their families. We provide free daycare and build resumes while you wait. We also provide social support agencies, VA burial benefits, mental health benefits, eligibility and coordination of VA benefits, job placement. MASH Unit to include health screenings, PSAs, flu shots, hot showers, haircuts, dental screenings, chow hall for free breakfast and lunch, widows' benefits, aid and attendance for assisted living benefits, and shop at our free PX.
- Participated in Suite Support for the Military - a program with the Florida Everblades. In this program, a veteran or active duty member may sign up for a hockey game and take nine of his/her best friends to the game, enjoy catered meals and drinks, and receive passes for free parking.
- Assisted local veterans returning home and their families in getting community resources. We have a network of businesses, community organizations, and military supporters that assist us. We also have supplies of wheelchairs and other DME equipment available to veterans and their families.
- Sponsored local troops and their families while on active duty
- Fundraisers (Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) for care packages
- Sent clipped coupons to more than 18 bases stateside and overseas for families to use at the PX or on-base store.
- Sent blank greeting cards each year about six weeks before a holiday (Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) so that the troops may forward them on signed to their family. Deployed troops don’t have a Hallmark store on the corner!
- Communicated with 1,200+ military families and supporters to assist our troops with their immediate needs
- Built relationships with FPL, Lee County Electric, and Sprint United so utilities of our supported families are not turned off while their loved ones are deployed
Resources & Documents
Lee Health has won several awards, including a 5 Star Award and Above & Beyond Award from the ESGR!
We started our fundraising in April 2003 with military support T-shirts, and we continue to send care packages monthly to all troops on our active deployed list. We have sent about 85,000 pounds of packages since April 2003, and we have sponsored more than 1,500 local troops.
- Special Thanks to our community supporters, our employees, and our volunteers who make it happen!
For monetary donations, please make checks out to:
LMHS Military Support - P.O. Box 2218, Fort Myers, FL 33902
All funds go toward the Care Box postage fund.
You made a difference
Thanks for YOUR support!
For information, please call (239) 343-2045
Military Support Program - P.O. Box 2218
Fort Myers, FL 33902
Email us at: MilitarySupport@LeeHealth.org