Lee Health United Way Campaign | Sept. 1 - 30
We’ve been through a lot these past few years.
But through it all, we’ve helped one another where we can and kept the spirit of our community alive. That’s why this year we humbly ask you to give what you can to our fellow friends and neighbors in Southwest Florida who need it most.
TIME is of the essence to those in need. Your TREASURE gives hope for tomorrow.
We invite you to make a pledge today to experience the joy of generosity. You can also help change lives through volunteering. We celebrate and appreciate all you do, every day!
Online donations can be made by completing the payroll deduction form below or by credit card here. If you prefer to provide cash or checks, visit an activation table at the below campuses on the dates and times or please send to:
Peggy Andrews - Community Affairs
4211 Metro Parkway, Ste. 300
Fort Myers, FL 33916
*Your payroll contribution from last year will automatically renew unless you contact [email protected] to change. Please review your pay stub to confirm the amount you are giving per pay period.*
Visit one of the facility tables below between 11 am - 1 pm to make a donation!
|Site Leader||Facility||Table Date|
|Laura Ortiz & Deb Lasalle||Golisano Children's Hospital of SWFL||Tuesday, September 5|
|Rebecca Oaks||Lee Memorial Hospital ||Wednesday, September 6|
|Tammy Zinn & |
|Lee Health Cancer Institute||Tuesday, September 12|
|Teresa Frank||HealthPark Medical Center |
|Jamie Hoover||Lee Health Coconut Point||Friday, September 15|
|Judy Landas & |
|Gulf Coast Medical Center|
|Jessica Plante & |
|Cape Coral Hospital|
Thank you to our amazing site leaders. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to them.
Lee Health United Way Campaign 2023
Complete the form attached here to pledge!
The United Way Volunteer Center creates connections between volunteer opportunities and individuals, families, business and groups throughout Lee, Hendry, and Glades counties. You can search by zip code, interests and agency name or check out the calendar of volunteer events to find a perfect fit for your passions. Giving your time and talents to your community allows you to connect with others who share the same interests to improve the lives of those around us. Follow these steps to volunteer.
- VISIT OUR WEBSITE- Click here to get started
- SIGN INTO THE ACCOUNT OR SIGN UP- You can use your name, email address or phone number to search for your account If you already have one made. If not, making one is quick and easy
- CLICK ON YOUR INITIALS IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER
- MY USER GROUPS- Close to the bottom of the list is “My User Groups” select that to view your Lee Health group or volunteer teams that you may be managing
- VIEW OPPORTUNITIES- Under User Groups you should see a group titles “Lee Health Employees” and under Assigned Opportunities click “View Opportunities”
- WELCOME TO THE LEE HEALTH PAGE! - On this page you can view current opportunities
- BROWSE AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES- There are specific opportunities that have been added under your page based on potential group interest, please feel free to view the full website for a complete list of opportunities by clicking on “opportunities” on the left
- READY TO VOLUNTEER? - Simply “respond” to one of the opportunities to get started
Top Five Reasons to Give to United Way
- One contribution to the United Way campaign means you are helping support more than 262 programs in over 96 local partner agencies and initiatives that assist our friends, neighbors, family and co-workers.
- United Way dollars remain local, helping people in OUR community.
- Last year, United Way agencies provided services and programs that affected 1 in 2 people in our community.
- Extensive volunteer involvement allows the United Way to keep fundraising costs extremely low, over 95.5% of every dollar given goes back to the community.
- Community volunteers evaluate agency performance and thoroughly study agency budgets to make sure United Way dollars are spent efficiently and with impact.
In 2022, the United Way assisted over 90 self-identified Lee Health employees:
- Assisted over 950 self-identified Lee Health employees.
- Distributed $272,555 in relief to Lee Health families through the Lee Health Employee Assistance Fund.
- Fielded over 119,854 contacts via phone calls chats and email through the United Way 2-1-1 hotline.
- Helped file over 7,100 returns, generating more than $10.8M in refunds and saved our community over $2M in tax prep fees through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, bringing in over $9.9 million in returns.
- Served 2,965 veterans, active duty military, and their families through Mission United.
- Provided 694 services at $4.1 million in medical care through WeCare.
- Beesley’s Paw Prints Pet Therapy Program volunteers have recently partnered with Lee Health and complete over 50 visits in the last six months.