Lee Health Fast Facts
- Founded in 1916*
- More than 14,000 employees and more than 4,500 volunteers.
- More than 630 employed primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practitioners in more than 30 practice locations throughout Southwest Florida.**
- More than 1,480 physicians on the medical staff
- Four acute care hospitals and two specialty hospitals
- Number of Total Beds: 1,812
- Cape Coral Hospital – 291 beds
- Gulf Coast Medical Center – 647 beds
- HealthPark Medical Center – 460 beds
- Lee Memorial Hospital – 362 beds
- The Rehabilitation Hospital – 60 beds
- HealthPark Care Center-112 beds
*First opened as Lee County Hospital and later became Lee Memorial Hospital.
**Lee Physician Group and Lee Convenient Care Offices.
- Lee Memorial Health System (Lee Health) is the largest not-for-profit public health system in Florida that receives no direct tax support
- More than 1.5 million patient contacts each year
- Lee Memorial Health System provided more than $63.5 million in charity care in 2018
- Governed by a publicly elected, 10-member Board of Directors
- Has the only state approved Level II Trauma Center between Bradenton and Miami
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida is the only comprehensive children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital has the only Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center in the area, which has the best survival rates in the state. Our RPICC is only one of 11 certified in the state.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital has the only Level II and III Neonatal Intensive Care Center between Tampa and Miami.
- Lee Memorial Health System is one of the most active joint replacement centers in the United States.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital is the only licensed comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation facility in Lee County.
- Lee Memorial Health System’s Regional Cancer Center is the only comprehensive cancer center of its kind in Southwest Florida. A partnership between Lee Memorial Health System, 21st Century Oncology and Florida Cancer Specialists, Regional Cancer Center offers the latest treatments and technologies. Regional Cancer Center also has a unique partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, which allows us to better serve our patients by providing access to advanced academic programs, clinical protocols and the expertise of renowned cancer researchers.
- Lee Physician Group offices and Lee Memorial Health System now use electronic health records (EHRs). Patients also have access to their medical record through MyChart, which provides secure and direct online access to portions of the EHR, including lab results, appointment information, medications, immunizations and much more.