Lee Health Specialty Hospitals Fast Facts
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida
As the only children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami, Golisano Children's Hospital delivers vital and lifesaving care for children and their families. Our highly trained team members are motivated by the belief that every child is special and deserves the best care possible.
Once housed inside HealthPark Medical Center, the children’s hospital became a 300,000 square foot standalone, 7-story facility in 2017 thanks to a groundbreaking $20 million gift from philanthropist Tom Golisano. It now provides a variety of specialized services, including emergency care, neonatal intensive care, pediatric surgery, critical care, orthopedics, cancer treatment, cardiology, pediatric neurosurgery and more.
The hospital is a member of Children’s Miracle Network, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for children’s hospitals across the nation. Local donations through the Children’s Miracle Network stay in Southwest Florida to support Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- Number of Beds: 135
- Number of Emergency Department Visits Annually: 47,000+
- Number of Pediatric Surgeries Performed: 4,600+
- Number of Pediatric Providers: 500+
- Number of People Helped Through Child Advocacy Programs: 110,000 plus
- Named Top Children’s Hospital by The Leapfrog Group four times
- Home to Southwest Florida’s only state-designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 2-time recipient of the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award for excellence in safety and quality, most recently 2022-2025
- Recognized as an Asthma Friendly Hospital by the Florida Asthma Coalition
- Golisano EEG Laboratory 5-year ABRET Accreditation
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology program is nationally certified by the Children’s Oncology Group and is the only certified program in the area
- Sedation Center of Excellence by the Society for Pediatric Sedation
Highlights at a Glance:
- The hospital has the area’s only Milk Lab to process and store breast milk for hospitalized babies. The Milk Lab uses various fortifiers to enhance human milk to ensure each baby’s nutritional needs are met.
- The Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center (PPEC) cares for children with complex special needs in a daycare setting so parents are able to work during the day or have a time of respite.
- The hospital owns and operates four dedicated transport ambulances, including an ambulance built specifically to transport mom and baby. These ambulances are staffed by specialty trained teams who are always “at the ready” to transport critically ill children to Golisano from anywhere in the Southwest Florida region
- Patient Family Advisory Committee (PFAC)
- Child Life and Child Advocacy
- Southwest Florida Eye Institute opened August 2021
Rehab Hospital Lee Memorial
- Located inside Lee Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital is dedicated to rebuilding lives and renewing hope. We provide thorough professional and modern treatments for neurological and orthopedic injuries as well as emotional support.
- Fast Facts:
- Number of Beds: 60
- Number of Employees: 160+
- Number of Physiatrists: 3
- Number of Medical Staff: 1000+
- Age of Patients Treated: Minimum 8-years-old
- Accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Hospitals (CARF) for adults and children 8 and older.
- Designated as a “Center of Excellence” by the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association (NDTA) for the adult population – the first of its kind in the nation.
- Ranked as top 10 rehabilitation hospital in Florida by U.S. News & World Report.
Each of our hospitals serve a specific geographic population where we are your community hospital.
- Regional Footprint:
- Golisano is the only Children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami.
- Lee Health Trauma Center serves a five county region.
- Regional Cancer Center
- LPG - individual level of care
- Healthy Life Center – focus on preventative care
Health Center and Health Club Locations:
WellWay Babcock Ranch
- A full-service health and fitness club in the heart of a modern community.
- This facility includes a six-lane outdoor pool, fitness classes, weights and strength machines, a basketball court, personal trainers and lifestyle classes and seminars. This location also houses a family medicine clinic and rehabilitation services to treat residents of Babcock and the surrounding counties.
WellWay Cape Coral
- A full-service health club with a personalized approach. This facility offers a wide range of services and programs for the entire family, including cardio and strength equipment, an indoor pool, pickleball courts, group fitness and yoga classes, and more.
Healthy Life Center - Coconut Point
- Located within the Lee Health Coconut Point facility the HLC offers a variety of services and education that support healthy lifestyles, early detection of disease, and chronic disease management. This facility includes a teaching kitchen, multiple education spaces, holistic treatment rooms, a teaching garden, and a yoga and meditation studio.