Patient & Family Centered Care
The Patient-Family Connection
Family members know their loved one better than anyone. Lee Health understands that happy, informed patients and families make better decisions about care, treatment, and safety.
Our staff members rely on your feedback, and we support choices patients and families make. Because we believe partnership is essential: Collaboration and communication improves healing. This belief and respect shapes our work and approach at every turn.
Lee Health is dedicated to:
- Recognizing that each patient and family is unique
- Providing open, honest communication
- Involving patients and families in planning, delivery and evaluation of health care
- Offering a welcoming, supportive environment
- Providing timely and expert care
- Providing access to information and resources
- Listening and honoring your perspectives, choices, and backgrounds
- Sharing accurate, timely, and unbiased information with you
- Offering choices about approaches to care and supporting your decisions
Patient- and Family-Centered Care Concepts
Dignity and Respect
We listen and honor patient and family perspectives, choices and backgrounds. We identify strengths in every patient and family. We try to be flexible with our policies and procedures by tailoring care to the needs, beliefs, and religious and cultural values of each person. Patient- and family-centered care requires mutual trust and respect.
We share complete, accurate, timely and unbiased information with patients and families. Information sharing builds trust and strengthens the partnership between patients, families and caregivers. Information helps patients and their families make choices and assume responsibility for their own care.
We partner with patients and families in the plan of care. We respect and value the understanding families bring to this partnership. We also try to involve patients and families when we create and evaluate hospital policies and procedures.
We offer patients and families choices about approaches to care and we support them in the level of decision-making and participation they choose.