December 1, 2018
“Hello, Lee Health Coconut Point”
The opening of Lee Health Coconut Point signals a new day for health and wellness in South Lee County. Our new facility, which is scheduled to officially open this month, offers the spaces, technology and equipment to provide emergency and acute care, as well as primary and specialty care.
The campus is the future of health care—not just because it provides much-needed access to care for our neighbors in Bonita Springs and Estero, but it also features leading-edge technological innovations and equipment. Some of the exciting features of Lee Health Coconut Point include:
- A free-standing, 24-hour emergency department with 16 exam rooms and nine rooms for short-stay observations
- World-class surgical suites that are available for a wide range of outpatient procedures
- Advanced outpatient diagnostic and imaging services, including the latest technology for mammograms
- Comprehensive rehabilitation and physical therapy, including the newest balance and fall prevention equipment
- State-of-the-art way finding, including turn-by-turn directions from your front door to your doctor’s office—all within the Lee Health app
- eCheck-in through MyChart, which enables you to complete the check-in and registration process from home—helping to reduce your wait time
- Hello, Patient! through MyChart integrates with your smartphone location services to automatically check you in when you arrive at the facility—this is another way to help reduce your time in the waiting room
In addition to meeting health care needs, Lee Health Coconut Point is also focused on inspiring health and wellness through education and support of preventive care and healthy lifestyles. The Healthy Life Center, which is moving from its original location at Coconut Point mall, features a full demonstration kitchen, space for fitness classes, a teaching garden and a full lineup of programming that includes informative classes, health screenings, walking clubs and more.
Lee Health Coconut Point is the culmination of years of planning, and is the result of the community’s input and support to help us identify needs and opportunities to fill vital gaps in health care. It would not be a reality without the foresight of Jim Nathan, former CEO of Lee Health, who saw the need for expanded health care services so many years ago. Suzanne Bradach, system director of special projects, and Alex Greenwood, vice president of Lee Health Coconut Point, have also been instrumental in creating the facility and building the teams to deliver the compassionate, patient-centered care our neighbors in South Lee County want, need and deserve.
It is exciting to see our commitment to our community come to fruition at Lee Health Coconut Point. Our full plan is not yet complete, though, because we are still working toward our ultimate goal of building a hospital tower. We built Lee Health Coconut Point to the exacting standards required for a hospital, so we are prepared to proceed when given final approval.
We are here, ready to partner with you to help you achieve health, wellness and vitality, and we are very proud to welcome you to Lee Health Coconut Point!
Yours in Health,
Larry Antonucci, M.D., MBA
President & CEO, Lee Health
Thank you for your support. Together we are Caring People. Inspiring Health.