Florida's Cancer Treatment Resource
The Regional Cancer Center is a unique partnership between Lee Health and its private physician group partners—21st Century Oncology, including Florida Gynecologic Oncology, and Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute. Working together, the health system and physicians offer you treatment for nearly every aspect of your cancer care under one roof. From the latest treatments and technology to design features intended to soothe the mind, body and spirit, you and your family will know that you do not have to fight cancer alone. Our dedicated team of professionals will be with you every step of the way to offer you the best experience possible for your cancer treatment.
Cancer clinical trials are research studies involving cancer patients. They are done to find a better way to prevent, diagnose or treat specific cancers or diseases. Emotional Support It’s normal to feel distressed while living with cancer. Our licensed clinical social worker offers a compassionate ear and safe place for you to share your emotions about your journey. Our supportive services include distress screening, counseling treatment, and referral process as needed.
Genetic Counseling and Testing
Our genetic counselor can help determine your risk and test for certain types of cancers based on your medical and family histories. In-house Pharmacy Oncology certified pharmacists and technicians mix the medications for all adult patients at the Regional Cancer Center. They also are available to answer questions from you and your family members.
This program offers an integrated approach across the spectrum of serious illness by utilizing experienced clinicians who specialize in the relief of pain and distressing physical, psychological and/or social suffering, as well as symptom management
8931 Colonial Center Dr Fort Myers, FL 33905
Regional Cancer Center, a 72 bed inpatient oncology unit is located in Fort Myers providing top quality care and cancer navigation in South West Florida
Discover Our Outpatient and Inpatient Locations
Regional Cancer Center Inpatient Services at Gulf Coast Medical CenterAn overview of impatient services offered at Gulf Coast Medical Center in reference to cancer care.
Regional Cancer Center Outpatient Services at The SanctuaryAn overview of outpatient services offered at The Sanctuary in reference to cancer care.
At the Regional Cancer Center you will have access to clinical trials and cutting-edge research. You will meet navigators who will answer your questions and champion you at every turn. You will be a part of treatment programs that exceed national survivorship rates. Here are some features we offer to our patients while in our state of the art facility:
- Clinical Trials - help find better ways to diagnose and treat specific cancers or diseases
- Cookie’s Place - is a special boutique featuring certified mastectomy fitters, post-mastectomy prosthetics, and lymphedema products
- Frank’s Deli - features fresh options made daily in the lobby.
- Genetic Counseling and Testing - to determine your risk and test for certain types of cancer based on your medical and family histories
- Healing Gardens and Labyrinth - provide a soothing, quiet, lush and tranquil environment to focus on the spirit
- In-House Pharmacy - staffed by oncology certified pharmacists who mix medications on-site and answer questions from patients and family members
- Integrative Therapies - acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage, and yoga relax and rejuvenate the body. Special pricing is available for patients and caregivers.
- Meditation Center - which is the perfect place for a chair massage or a few moments of quiet to settle the mind and find inner peace
- Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic - for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients or those looking for a second opinion about treatment plans and options
- Nurse Navigators - guide patients through the complexities of a cancer diagnosis by educating, explaining, and providing resources and support
- Nutrition Counseling - with a registered dietitian certified in oncology nutrition
- Patient Education - which ensures our patients take an active role in their treatment plan, care, and recovery
- Rehabilitation - can help improve daily functioning and quality of life. Especially with regard to symptoms including fatigue, pain, joint stiffness, lymphedema, weakness, memory problems, balance, and issues with talking or swallowing
- Support Groups and Services - for a variety of cancers, you and your caregivers may need support as you go through the cancer journey
I was shocked, I was scared. Never thought this would happen to me. Patients just hear oh my god I have cancer and that’s all they hear. It’s a lot of information to absorb a lot of different doctors’ visits. We get fulfillment by trying to make a difficult situation a little bit better. Our soul goal is to deliver world class care. It’s just been a huge blessing. The nurses here when I was going through the chemo they helped me maintain my positive outlook. They listened and made sure I got the information I needed. Its very patient centered the patient gets to be part of the decision making on what goes on in their care. It was absolutely worthwhile because it was a more personable approach. The thing about cancer is about life, it’s about you know people getting care, people getting better. We do whatever we need to do to get them through it. We have the ability to help them get back to a quality of life they long lost is truly the greatest gift it is amazing when you see the outcomes. I am here to provide hope because I have seen it. I have seen patients work through it. Cures happen I’ve seen them, we expect them, that’s what we are set out to do. I think that everybody just saved your life.