Who We Are, What We Do
Conveniently located inside Lee Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital is dedicated to rebuilding lives and renewing hope.
Our 60-bed hospital provides thorough, professional and modern treatments for neurological and orthopedic injuries as well as emotional support to help your recovery.
Your doctor may recommend inpatient rehabilitation with our highly trained team that includes physicians, psychologists, nurses, therapists and care managers.
Patients typically referred to the Rehabilitation Hospital’s acute inpatient rehabilitation program include those with a diagnosis of:
- Neurological disorder
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord disorder/injury
- Multiple injuries due to trauma
- Certain orthopedic conditions, such as hip fractures
If you are admitted to the inpatient rehabilitation program, we will schedule at least three hours of therapy therapy a day including physical, occupational and speech therapy for a minimum of five days a week.
On average, patients stay in the inpatient rehabilitation program for 13 days with the goal of returning home.
With focused help and coordinated care, we will help you regain your independence and improve your quality of life.
Accreditation and Certification
The General Program at the Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Hospitals (CARF) for adults and children 8 and above.
The Rehabilitation Hospital holds a specialty certification in stroke and brain injury management for adults and is a member of the Lee Health trauma team.
The Rehabilitation Hospital has been designated a “Center of Excellence” by the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association (NDTA) for the adult population – the first of its kind in the nation.
Lee Health's Rehabilitation Hospital offers a variety of condition-specific treatment programs & services designed to speed recovery regain the highest level of functioning. The recommended course of treatment is based on the unique needs of each patient.
Treatments & Services available within hospital:
- Dietary Services
- Physiatry (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Care Management and Social Work
- Wound Care
- Home Evaluations
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (TPN, Tube feed)
- Spasticity Management
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging
- Pastoral Care/ Chaplain Services
- Dysphagia/ Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Multiple Medical Specialties/ Medical Consultative Services
- Peer Support
Treatments and Services provided by Referral:
- Florida Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Program
- Substance Misuse Counseling
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Environmental modification
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Visual Assessment/ Ophthalmology
- Homebound School
- Vocational Rehab
Referrals are accepted from Lee Health, other acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and community physicians.