Rehabilitation Hospital Brain Injury Program
The Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by CARF as a Brain Injury Specialty Program for Adults.
The Brain Injury Specialty Program specializes in inpatient rehabilitation for patients with all types of traumatic and acquired brain injuries.
Brain injury rehabilitation helps patients recover while maximizing their participation in the community and increasing their sense of well-being.
The Rehabilitation Hospital takes into account all of the patient’s physical and cognitive changes and creates an individualized program so patients can reach their goals. The brain injury team strives to maximize function, independence, and healing in collaboration with patients and the families.
Each patient in the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Specialty Program has an interdisciplinary team dedicated to them! Our expert staff treats all aspects of brain injury. Our focus and expertise help us provide complete, compassionate care, resulting in better outcomes and brighter futures.
Patients in the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Specialty Program have experienced the following types of injuries or illness:
- Traumatic brain injury after an accident or fall
- Brain tumor or postchemotherapy/radiation injuries
- Oxygen deprivation (anoxic) injury
- Meningitis or other neurological infection
The Brain Injury program’s focus is to:
- Minimize the impact of impairments and secondary complications of brain injuries
- Reduce activity limitation
- Maximize participation, including wellness, quality of life, and inclusion in the community
- Decrease environmental barriers
- Promote self-advocacy
Several members of our clinical team have completed the training by the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists, which means they are nationally recognized as brain injury specialists.
Brain Injury Resources
- The Brain Injury Association of Florida
- Lee Health Trauma Services
- The Brain Injury Association of America
- Brain and Life Magazine
- Traumatic Brain Injury Resources Website
The Rehabilitation Hospital Brain Injury Specialty Program Statistics
|Traumatic Brain Injury||79||36.9%|
|Non-Traumatic Brain Injury||94||43.9%|
|Major Multiple Traumas with Brain Injury||41||19.2%|
Number of Persons Served
|12 month period||October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021||%|
|Average Length of Stay TRH||10.5|
|Average Length of Stay Nation||12.9|
|Ages of persons serviced are 8 years and older|
|12 month period||October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021||TRH||Nation|
|Discharge to Community||181||84.6%||82.1%|
|Discharge to Skilled Facility or Other Alternate Level of Care||12||5.6%||7.8%|
|Discharge to Acute Care||21||9.8%||9.7%|