Chronic Condition Health Resources
Call us at 424-3120 or email LeeHealthSolutions@LeeHealth.org to learn more or to sign up.
Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
- Prediabetes can be reversed. Without weight loss and physical activity, 15-30 percent of people with prediabetes will develop type 2 diabetes within five years. This yearlong program provides you with the skills and support to achieve weight loss, be more physically active, manage your stress, and, most importantly, prevent type 2 diabetes. Online option available.
Diabetes Self-Management Program
- This program teaches you how to manage your diabetes from A to Z. The Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists will help you understand your blood sugar goals, diabetes medications, and how to manage high and low blood sugars. Learn guidance in eating and exercise. All of these tools, and many more, will help you to prevent complications of diabetes and improve your health. Online option available.
Pregnancy & Diabetes Program
- If you have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes or have already had diabetes and then become pregnant, this program can help you have a healthy pregnancy. This program provides self-care tools and education around diabetes meal planning, blood sugar monitoring, pregnancy blood sugar goals, medications and post-delivery guidelines. Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists teach these classes. Online option available..
Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- This program was originally developed at Stanford University to provide participants with a variety of tools to self-manage any chronic health condition. A sampling of the self-management tools covered in the program: How to make smarter decisions related to eating; incorporating physical activity into your daily routine; how to get a good night’s sleep; mindfulness; dealing with difficult emotions; and much more. Online option available.
Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
- This program is designed to provide participants with a variety of tools to self-manage any chronic pain condition. A sampling of the tools specific to the chronic pain workshop: Foods that help with pain and inflammation; instruction on a gentle flexibility program; importance of pacing and planning; and an increased focus on mindfulness through guided imagery, relaxation body scans and distraction techniques. Online option available.