Lee Health Medical Staff
The medical staff at Lee Health is made up of more than 1,500 physicians. They represent all of the medical and surgical specialties of Cape Coral Hospital, Gulf Coast Medical Center, HealthPark Medical Center, Lee Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
Medical Staff Purpose
The purpose of the Medical Staff of Lee Health is to:
- Serve as the formal organizational structure of those practitioners granted the privilege of practicing in the hospitals and other facilities of the system.
- Serve as the primary means for accountability to the Board for the professional performance, the quality of medical care provided to patients, and the ethical conduct of its Medical Staff Members. The Board shall have the ultimate responsibility for the quality of medical care provided to patients and the ultimate authority to approve the granting of Medical Staff membership and/or clinical privileges, and to approve the adoption of Medical Staff bylaws and rules and regulations. Such authority will be exercised based on the standard set forth in Part I, Section 1.2.
- Provide a means through which Medical Staff members may address with the Board those aspects of policy that involve professional practice or may affect the care of patients.
Education Modules for Reappointment Application Only
These modules are for providers currently on staff. To access the modules, please click below.
Medical Staff Services Offered
As a member of the Lee Health medical staff, we want to make sure that you and your patients have an ExceptionalLee experience at Lee Health. We hope that the resources available on this site are just one of the many ways that we can facilitate efficient communication between the hospital and our physicians.
- Credentialing, re-credentialing and privileging processes for medical and allied health professional staff;
- Support of the Medical Executive Committees, Credentialing Committee, Department Meetings, Physician Leadership Council Committee, Bylaws Committee and others as assigned;
- Ensuring that all Medical Staff members and Allied Health Professional members are properly vetted according to the requirements of the Medical Staff bylaws, federal and state government, as well as by regulatory agencies by providing primary-source and accurate verification services;
- Maintenance of the Medical Staff bylaws, rules and regulations, credentialing database and data reporting of credentials for medical and allied health professional staff;
- Additionally, our staff serve as liaisons between the medical staff, administration and other departments at Lee Health.