Helping Physicians Practice Medicine
What is Continuing Medical Education (CME)?
Continuing medical education consists of educational activities that maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
The content of CME is that body of knowledge and skills generally recognized and accepted by the profession as within the basic medical sciences, the discipline of clinical medicine, and the provision of health care to the public.
Committed to our patients and physicians
Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Lee Health works to develop high-quality educational activities that:
- Enhance clinician knowledge and competence, and/or clinical performance
- Promote lifelong learning
- Bridge practice-based learning and improvement
- Are free from commercial bias
- Address gaps in knowledge, quality or performance
- Disseminate evidence-based knowledge and skills
- Employ educational methods that are suitable for the content, topic and target audience