Medical Staff Leadership
Department Chairs comprise a group of Medical Staff members responsible for facilitating Medical Staff activities within a specific Department and overseeing all administratively related activities of the Department otherwise provided for by the Facility and/or across the Health System.
- Department of Anesthesiology Chairmen
- Department of Emergency Medicine Chairmen
- Department of Medicine Chairmen
- Department of OB/GYN Chairmen
- Department of Pathology Chairmen
- Department of Pediatrics Chairmen
- Department of Pediatric Surgery Chairman
- Department of Radiology Chairmen
- Department of Surgery Chairmen
Department Sections: Medicine, Surgery, Pediatric and Obsterics & Gynecology Medicine
Within the Departments of Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics and Obsterics & Gynecology are Clinical Sections representing a full variety of subspecialties. The Department Sections for Medicine, Surgery, Pediatric and Obsterics & Gynecology Medicine are made up of a group of Medical Staff members responsible for facilitating Medical Staff activities within a specific facility and/or across the Health System.
- Department of Medicine Sections
- Department of Surgery Sections
- Department of Pediatric Medicine Sections
- Department of Pediatric Surgery Sections
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Sections
Physician Leadership Council
The Physician Leadership Council, or PLC, represents all physicians who practice within Lee Health's facilities and serves to promote communication, collaboration and MEC coordination between Medical Staff Members, Health System Administration and the Board concerning the work of each MEC and the planning activities of Lee Health that impact Medical Staff Members.
Facility Medical Executive Committee
The Facility Medical Executive Committee, or MEC, is comprised of a group of Medical Staff members responsible for making specific recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval, as well as receiving and acting on reports and recommendations from medical staff committees, clinical departments or services, and assigned activity groups.