Planning a CME
Helping You Plan Your CME
Your interest in planning an educational activity is appreciated! As an accredited sponsor of Continuing Medical Education, we follow the standard policies developed by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). In keeping with ACCME regulations, we have developed the following forms to assist with your activity planning and implementation, as well as the completion of the application for credit.
Your CME planning process will probably begin before you contact us about providership, but we will need at least 30 days to review your planning documents.
Applying for CME
- Lee Health CME Application
- Disclosure of Financial Relationships (Requires a completed form for each planner and presenter must accompany the application.)
- Provide Curriculum Vitae(CV) or resume for each presenter
- An Outline/Agenda of Topics, including speakers and time allotments. We might request a secondary (one page) application if the event is a regular scheduled series.
**Remember, you cannot mention CME credit in your marketing materials until you have received our approval. Only basic "save the date" information can be distributed before CME credit is designated for the activity.
Upon Approval of CME:
- Flyers must be approved in advance of distribution. They must include information about the target audience, learning objectives, location/date/time of presentation, and the specified accreditation and credit designation statements.
- As the planner, you must assure that there is no possibility for commercial bias in your program. This means communicating the “Balance in Content” requirements to your speaker’s before they prepare their presentations:
- CME presentations must provide a balanced view of available therapeutic options (where applicable).
- Generic names of therapeutic agents contribute to impartiality. If trade names are used, those of several companies should be used (where available).
- If requested, you must provide us with copies of your speakers’ presentation content at least 7 days in advance.
- You must communicate to your audience the presence of, or lack of, conflicts of interest, as well as how any conflicts of interest that are present were resolved.
- You must communicate to your audience acknowledgement of any financial support you receive, whether that is grant support, in-kind support, or advertising/exhibiting revenue. We must receive documentation of this communication BEFORE the event occurs.
- Attendees must be instructed to sign in electronically and complete a course evaluation. You will receive a recorded demonstration with instructions to provide to your attendees. This video is to be played prior to the CME presentation. Attendees will have access to an electronic certificate for their records.
- After the CME presentation has concluded, the CME Department will report all attendees to CE broker. Should any attendees have questions regarding their credit, please direct them to contact the CME department at 239-343-7717 or email [email protected]
For live activities including Lee Health System personnel and non-LHS personnel, the fee is $500 for designating credit for the activity. For activities including only Lee Health personnel, no separate fee is charged unless otherwise stated. The CME Department funds this cost.
CNE Applications and Forms
Would you like to offer Continuing Nurse education credit for this CME? Clinical learning is the department that approves CNEs for nursing staff at Lee Health. A nurse with a BSN or higher needs to complete the CNE planning forms and submit to Abby Krebbs, the Lead Nurse Planner for Lee Health. Applications for both FL Board of Nursing & ANCC approval need to be submitted no later than the first day of the month preceding the date of the CNE program.