Volunteer Opportunities for HealthPark/Golisano
Thank you for your interest in HealthPark Medical Center/ Golisano Children's Hospital!
Below are the job opportunities for our volunteers to choose from. Jobs are classified as patient contact where you will have direct patient contact or non-patient contact where you will be providing support services. Work shifts typically run 8:00-12:00, 12:00-4:00, 4:00-8:00 (some exceptions). Shifts are subject to change based on staffing and scheduling needs.
HealthPark Medical Center
- Arts in Healthcare - Includes all forms of art. Examples include: play piano in Atrium, assist with craft projects with patients at the bedside.
- Birthday Suites (patient) - Assist staff by answering call lights, refilling water pitchers, restocking supplies and miscellaneous projects.
- Bright Ideas Gift Shop (non-patient) - Running cash register, waiting on customers, re-stocking inventory.
- Clerical Support - Assist in various departments with answering phones, greeting customers, filing, making copies, etc
- Crafts (non-patient) - Provide homemade items for patients including but not limited to, shawls, blankets, quilts, and baby hats. Items can be made from home.
- Customer Service Lobby and Information Desks (non-patient) - Greet and escort patients and visitors, deliver flowers and answer phones.
- Discharge Lounge - Transport patients in wheelchair for discharge to front entrance and/or pharmacy.
- Emergency Department (patient) - Greet and direct patients and visitors upon arrival in triage/waiting area; attend to visitors and patients in waiting area. Opportunities also available to work in the patient treatment area.
- Food & Nutrition Service (non-patient) - Assist in cafeteria, cleaning tables, wiping trays, restocking.
- Medical Library (non-patient) - Assist patrons with researching data bases for information. Must be able to use computer. Use Internet, e-mail, fax and phone to communicate with library patrons and with other libraries. Check in/out books fill requests for copies of articles.
- Partners-Patient Care Units (patient) - Run errands to lab, answering call lights, refill water pitchers, assist patients with general need and assist staff as needed.
- Pet Therapy (patient) - Registration with Lee Health approved organizations. Dog must be at least 1-year of age and have successfully completed the Therapy Dog program.
- Post Office (non-patient) - Fully functional facility; handle money, make change, learn all postal procedures.
- Sterile Processing Department (non-patient) - Service operating room, retrieving used supplies and restocking, maintaining supply shelves.
- Trolley Driver (non-patient) - Driving golf cart around parking lot to pick up and drop off patients and visitors. Valid Driver’s License required. Must be 21 years old
Offsite Facilities (Apply through HPMC)
HealthPark Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Activities Assistant (patient) – Assisting staff with activities, visiting with residents, helping with mealtime, escorting patients to therapy, answering phones and directing visitors. Must be fingerprinted prior to starting
- Child Development Center (Daycare) - Daycare facility for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Assisting staff with planned activities, feeding babies, rocking, restocking, cleaning, etc. Must be fingerprinted prior to starting. Currently Not Available
Lee Physician Group Offices
- Outpatient Laboratory – Assist departments with answering phones, greeting customers, filing, making copies, etc
- Outpatient Radiology – Assist patients and visitors with getting checked in, keeping the waiting room tidy, assisting patients, and working with staff on various projects
Golisano Children's Hospital
- Arts in Healthcare (non-patient) - Play piano or other musical instruments in the Atrium
- Bright Ideas Gift Shop (non-patient) - Operate a cash register, wait on customers, price merchandise and stock shelves.
- Children’s Rehabilitation (patient) - Assist therapist and staff with pediatric patients, clean and sanitize mats, restock supplies, check in patients and families.
- Unit Clerical Support - Answer phones, call bells, greet visitors, direct and escort visitors, run errands.
- Emergency Department (patient) - Greet patients and families and restock supplies
- Medical Library & Business Office (non-patient) - Assist visitors with making copies, scanning, faxing, and using computers, deliver age appropriate books to patients and units
- Milk Lab (patient) - Greet and assist new moms when they arrive, and accept breast milk according to policies
- NICU (patient) - Remove and restock supplies, baby laundry, clean and sanitize baby area after discharge, swaddle and cuddle babies as needed. Additional training is required
- Pediatric – Child Life (patient) - Stock supplies, sanitize and organize toys, assist with meals, play games, sanitize equipment, sort donated supplies, run errands, and comfort babies as needed
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology – Child Life (patient) - Restock supplies, run errands, escort families, and assist in the play room with patients and visitors
- PICU - Child Life - (patient) - Restock supplies, run errands, escort families, assist in the play room with patients and visitors and comfort babies as needed
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) (patient) - Assist with planned activities, read and play with children with special needs, assist with mealtime and clean activity room. Must be fingerprinted prior to starting
- Sunshine Ambassador (non-patient) - Greet and escort patients and visitors to various locations of the hospital. Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Tea Cart (non-patient) - Manage and operate a Tea Service cart to serve and support staff for clinical and non-clinical units
Apply to Volunteer!Apply Today
Once you submit your application online one of our team members will contact you with further steps.