Volunteer Services Overview
Volunteers are a Gift to the Community
Volunteers serve our patients, families and staff with great devotion.
Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that what you do truly makes a difference. Whatever your talents, interests or skills, a volunteer position is available for you at:
- Cape Coral Hospital in Cape Coral
- Gulf Coast Medical Center in South Fort Myers
- Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers
- HealthPark Medical Center in South Fort Myers
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
Several different types of volunteer opportunities are available at all five facilities. Some volunteer service areas may include interaction with our patient population. Other areas do not include patient contact, such as trolley service, gift shop, uniform store, thrift shop, reception and clerical positions.
Other Lee Health Volunteering Locations
- Coconut Point - Gulf Coast Medical Center
- HealthPark Care & Rehabilitation Center - HealthPark Medical Center
- Purple Polo Thrift Shop - Cape Coral Hospital
- Regional Cancer Center - Lee Memorial Hospital
- Sanctuary - Lee Memorial Hospital
- Skilled Nursing Unit (Plantation Road) - Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Surfside Outpatient Services - Cape Coral Hospital
If you wish to apply for the program, complete your application online then follow the standard procedures before volunteering.
Lee Health requires criminal background screenings on all of our adult volunteers. An expanded background screening is required for any volunteer who works within Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida, volunteer roles that include handling money, within our Labor and Delivery units or other positions as deemed necessary. We contract with Verified Credentials to provide this expanded background screening report to us.
Fingerprinting for Volunteers
There are some volunteer roles that require fingerprinting before starting your volunteer role. There is no cost to the volunteer for these additional background checks as Lee Health absorbs this cost. If you have any questions about this please call the volunteer offices noted below.
We will contact you prior to your orientation date. New volunteer orientations are held monthly at Cape Coral Hospital in Cape Coral, Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida (located on the campus of HealthPark), Gulf Coast Medical Center in South Fort Myers, HealthPark Medical Center in South Fort Myers, and at Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers.
Benefits for Our Volunteers
Besides the personal rewards you receive from helping others, there are several other benefits we offer our volunteers to let them know they are appreciated.
Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Meal Tickets
- Discount Tickets
- Annual Recognition
- Educational Seminars
- Wellness Center Discounts
- Flu Shots (when available)
- Volunteer Referral Bonus Hours
- Inpatient/Outpatient Billing Discount (excludes bills covered by Medicare)
Apply to Volunteer!Apply Today
To get your Volunteer application started, click to begin.