Lee Health APP Fellowships
APP Fellowship Programs Offered at Lee Health Now:
How to apply to APP Fellowship Programs?APP Fellowship Application
Use this application to apply to the program that fits you! We offer APPs fellowships in Primary Care, Surgery, Critical Care, and Nurse-Midwifery.
Advanced Practice Provider Fellowships in Florida:
Lee Health's APP Fellowship Programs offer fully-benefited, 12-month positions designed to provide post-graduate training to APPs who wish to gain more experience in primary care, surgery, adult critical care, or nurse-midwifery . Our goal is to provide support and training, allowing APP Fellows to build confidence and knowledge in the clinical specialties of the specific fellowship.
Through didactics, practice-based learning, professional development, and mentoring, the Lee Health APP Fellowship Programs aim to foster graduates who are well-rounded APPs ready to work within the Lee Health interprofessional health care team to provide excellent patient-centered care.
View more details regarding the fellowship programs below!
What are the admission requirements for Lee Health's APP Fellowship Programs?
In order to be admitted to an APP Fellowship Program at Lee Health, applicants must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited APRN/PA/CNM program (ARC-PA, ACEN, CCNE) as appropriate.
- Be certified by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA), American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) as appropriate.
- Be licensed to practice and prescribe as an APRN or PA in Florida.
- Submit required application materials.
- Be committed to timely compliance with Lee Health Human Resources and Medical Staff requirements for obtaining privileges and onboarding.
- Candidates may apply while still enrolled in school. However, certification, licensing and credentialing requirements must be completed expeditiously as directed to ensure timely matriculation into the program.
- Students may apply prior to graduation but cannot be admitted until fully licensed and certified.
What do APP applicants have to submit?
- Complete and electronically signed copy of the application form located HERE.
- Transcripts from APRN/PA training program
- Minimum three letters of professional reference emailed directly to the program from the individual writing the letter
- One must be the director of the NP/PA/CMN program attended
- Highly recommend one from a clinical preceptor
- Highly recommend one from a clinical faculty or mentor
- Current CV/Resume
- Personal Statement describing why you are interested in being admitted to the program.
- Additional documentation as requested.
Note: Applications are not considered complete until all requested documents are submitted. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all required documents are submitted, including letters of recommendation.
What are the salary and benefits for APP fellows?
- Estimated Stipend: Competitive fellowship salary offered. Please contact [email protected] with further questions.
- Benefits commensurate with full-time Lee Health employees. For more details, click here.
- Paid time off accrues per Lee Health policy and must be approved in advance by Program Supervisor.
- On-site accredited continuing medical education available
What are the requirements for completing the APP fellowship program?
- Successful completion of all assigned practice-based activities, clinical work, and rotations as appropriate
- Successful completion of assigned didactic components
- Attendance at weekly Academic Conferences unless excused
- Demonstrated minimum level of competency for all relevant standards of practice and clinical procedures
- Adherence to program policies
- Satisfactory evaluations from all mentors
Do you have more questions about Lee Health's APP Fellowship Program?
How to contact the APP Fellowship Program at Lee Health?Email [email protected]
Can't find an answer on our APP Fellowship FAQ? Use the email above for questions about our advanced practice provider fellowships.
Dolan Abu Aouf PA
Lee Physician Group
Nelson Guzman PA
Lee Physician Group