Get to Know Lee County
Home to a diverse population of more than 600,000, Lee County is the focal point of Southwest Florida. Looking for sunshine yearround? Our active community enjoys beaches, parks, wildlife, outdoor activities, stunning sunsets, and, pristine views. Stimulating arts, culture, events and festivals, schools, universities – Lee County continues to grow, and modernize while remaining safe, comfortable, and full of natural wonder. Here are some area relocation resources to help you learn more about our wonderful region.
Relocation & Lifestyle Information
- The 25 Fastest-Growing Places in the U.S. (Fort Myers Ranked #2)
- What's it like to live in Fort Myers, FL?
- Places to Eat & Lodge Near Lee Health Hospitals
- New Residents’ Guide
- Lee County Chambers of Commerce
- Nonstop Cities at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
Click the links to find more about real estate options for all the varied parts of the county.
- Real Estate Agents in Lee County, FL
- Greater Fort Myers Real Estate
- Fort Myers Beach Real Estate
- Cape Coral Real Estate
- Estero Real Estate
- The Islands of Sanibel & Captiva Real Estate
Lee County Restaurants
Waterfront restaurants, cutting-edge cuisine — whatever you like,
we’ve got it.
- Best Restaurants in Lee County, FL
- Best Fort Myers Restaurants
- Greater Fort Myers Restaurants
- Fort Myers Beach Fine Dining Restaurants
- Cape Coral Restaurants
- Estero Restaurants
- The Islands of Sanibel & Captiva Restaurants
Lee County Beaches & Parks
Miles and miles of breathtaking shoreline, incredible vistas, diverse wildlife, enthralling colors — Lee County is a place to sit back, relax, and be stunned.
- Lee County Beaches
- Lee County Parks & Recreation
- The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- Southwest Florida Parks
Lee County Attractions
There’s plenty to do for the whole family from tourist attractions to arts and culture displays, wildlife, daytrips, and more.
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall – 13350 FSW Pkwy., Ft. Myers, FL 33919
Musicals, symphonies & events at this Florida SouthWestern State College performing arts hall.
- Bob Rauschenberg Gallery – 8099 College Pkwy Bldg. L, Ft. Myers, FL 33919
The Gallery is open to the public and there is no charge for admission. Features rotating exhibitions.
- The Butterfly Estates – 1815 Fowler St., Ft. Myers, FL 33901
A nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and raise our Florida native butterfly species.
- Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium – 3450 Ortiz Ave., Ft. Myers, FL 33905
An environmental education center about the animals, plants and environment of Southwest Florida.
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates – 2350 McGregor Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33901
A historical museum, botanical garden, laboratory, and homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Estero Bay Aquatic Preserve – 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL 33928
The first aquatic nature preserve established in Florida is a 10,000-acre Florida State Park.
- IMAG History & Science Center – 2000 Cranford Ave., Ft. Myers, FL 33916
Offers fun for all ages to discover the wonders of science and history through hands-on activities.
- Key West Express – 1200 Main Street, Ft. Myers Beach, FL 33931
Ferry linking Fort Myers and Marco Island with Key West, offering snacks and a sundeck.
- Manatee Park – 10901 Palm Beach Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33905
Waterfront park providing paved trails, up-close views of manatees, an amphitheater, and kayak rental.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train – 2805 Colonial Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33966
Dinner-theater attraction offering a 5-course American meal and a comic mystery on a retro train ride.
- PopStroke – 5531 Six Mile Commercial Ct, Ft. Myers, FL 33912
A golf and outdoor dining experience featuring two 18-hole Tiger Woods-designed putting courses.
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve – 7751 Penzance Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33966
3,500-acre park offering wildlife, a butterfly garden and boardwalk trails through the wetlands.
- Shell Factory – 2787 N Tamiami Trail, North Ft. Myers, FL 33903
Offers unique, outdoor family fun with over 400 animals, petting zoo, zip line, restaurants and retail area.
- Sun Splash Family Waterpark – 400 Santa Barbara Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33991
Seasonal amusement park with 14+ acres of waterslides, a lazy river and kids’ water play area.
Lee County Golf & Yacht Clubs
Improve your game or hit the open water: Lee County and the surrounding region are known for golfing and boating
Country Clubs for Golfers
- Cypress Lakes Golf Club (Private) – 6767 Winkler Rd, Ft. Myers, FL 33919
- Crown Colony Golf & Country Club (Private) – 8851 Crown Colony Blvd, Ft. Myers, FL 33908
- The Forest Country Club (Private) – 6100 Partridge Club Rd SW, Ft. Myers, FL 33908
- Gulf Harbour Yacht & Country Club (Private) – 14500 Vista River Dr., Ft. Myers, FL 33908
- Heritage Palms Golf & Country Club (Private) – 10420 Washingtonia Palm Way, Ft. Myers, FL 33966
- The Plantation Golf & Country Club (Public) – 10500 Dartington Dr., Ft. Myers, FL 33913
- Whiskey Creek Country Club (Public) – 1449 Whiskey Creek Dr., Ft. Myers, FL 33919
Yacht Clubs for Boaters
- Cape Coral Yacht & Racquet Club – 5819 Driftwood Pkwy, Cape Coral, FL 33904
- Freedom Boat Club – 14070 FL-867, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Sanibel Harbour Yacht Club – 15051 Punta Rassa Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- St. Charles Yacht Club – 15900 St Charles Harbour Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
Southwest Florida Shopping Centers
- Bell Tower Shops – 13499 S Cleveland Ave., Ft. Myers, FL 33907
- Coconut Point Mall – 23106 Fashion Dr., Estero, FL 33928
- Edison Mall – 4125 Cleveland Ave., Ft. Myers, FL 33901
- Gulf Coast Town Center – 9903 Gulf Coast Main St, Ft. Myers, FL 33913
- Miromar Outlets – 10801 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL 33928
- The Promenade at Bonita Bay – 26795 S Bay Dr., Bonita Springs, FL 34134
- Coastland Center Mall – 1900 Tamiami Trail N, Naples, FL 34102
- Fifth Ave. South – 649 5th Ave. S, Naples, FL 34102
- Naples Outlet Collection – 6060 Collier Blvd, Naples, FL 34114
- Third Street South – 1207 3rd St. S, Naples, FL 34102
- The Village Shops on Venetian Bay – 4200 Gulf Shore Blvd. N, Naples,FL 34103
Events & Festivals
Events are always brewing in Lee County. That sense of togetherness, identity, and adventure makes this an amazing place to call home.
- Fort Myers Special Events
- Fort Myers Community Events
- Fort Myers Events
- Cape Coral Festivals
- Lee Civic Center Events