Cocoa Kale SmoothieExercise and Nutrition
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat uncanned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- 1-2 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- Put ingredients in a blender in the order listed
- Blend ingredients together in a blender, starting on low speed and working up to a high speed until smooth
- Add ice and blend until you achieve desired thickness
Better nutrition goes hand-in-hand with a healthy lifestyle, but many people interested in eating right don’t always know where to start. What foods should they cook? And how should they prepare them?
Lee Health has two teaching kitchens that provides the community an opportunity to learn more about nutrition, meal preparation, and how to take control of their diet. Cooking classes are taught by a registered dietitian, provide education and take-home recipes that are easy to implement into everyday life. Demos showcase how to prepare healthier meals for your entire family.
For information on Lee Health's Teaching Kitchen classes and demos call 239-599-5314.
If you would to contribute to Healthy News, please contact us at [email protected]