Lee Health Has You Covered in the CapeHealth Hub
Care, comfort, and convenience: Cape Coral residents want it all in their community. Lee Health shares that vision and believes that modern health services should be available when and where you need them.
Here are a few things to know about healthcare options in Cape Coral:
Cape Coral Hospital: Your Healthcare Hub
The premiere hub for healthcare in an energetic city, Cape Coral Hospital (CCH) continues to be recognized for patient safety, expertise, and technology. In fact, CCH was recently named of the nation’s 100 best adult acute care hospitals by Healthgrades. That puts CCH in the top 2 percent of hospitals nationwide.
CCH services include award-winning 24/7 emergency care, a certified stroke center, childbirth services (including our birthing suites), pharmacy, women’s care, surgery, neurosurgical care, cardiology and pulmonary units, rehabilitation, and much more. Please note that our ER is not an approved COVID-19 testing site.
Other Offerings in Cape Coral
- Outpatient Center at Surfside: Surfside has it all: Lee Physician Group primary care, internal medicine, imaging, lab services, and a breast health center.
- Healthy Life Center – Cape Coral: More than just a gym, the Healthy Life Center (HLC) is the home of wellness and preventive care. Use our virtual classes to learn more about nutrition, health trends, and get a professionally certified plan to live a healthier life. The HLC also features cardio and strength equipment, physical therapy, an indoor pool, yoga classes, and seminars.
- Convenient Care on Pine Island Road: Have a cold or the flu? Can’t get an appointment with your primary care doctor for routine injuries and illnesses? Our Urgent Care facility on Pine Island Road is open every day for non-life-threatening emergencies. Just walk in. We also offer telemedicine appointments through MyChart. Please note that our Convenient Care clinic is NOT an approved COVID-19 testing site.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation at Cape Coral Hospital: Deal with pain, loss of mobility, and achieve independence with our friendly physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Lee Community Healthcare: This facility provides outpatient services to residents in low-income households, including primary care, lab services, disease screenings, and behavioral health.
- Doctor’s offices: Find Family and Internal Medicine offices on Pine Island Road and Cape Coral Parkway.
Family Birth Suites: Personalized Maternal Healthcare Remains
Along with new technology such as a fetal surveillance and documentation system, maternal caregiving remains the old-fashioned way at CCH Family Birth Suites: up close and personal.
“Our staff is still at the bedside, assessing and supporting patients just as often as they were before the pandemic,” says Sara Harris, RN, obstetrics and clinical educator. “We don’t rely on the benefits of technology to replace bedside care. We continue to strictly follow the infection control practices for hospitalized pregnant patients, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”
CCH is the only hospital in Southwest Florida that offers single-room maternity care in which a mother stays in one suite throughout her stay in the hospital. The hospital practices a family-centered birth experience. Mothers have access to the tools to help them with a low-intervention birth, including birth balls, tubs for labor, nitrous oxide and aromatherapy.
The Family Birth Suites include beautifully appointed suites with a tub. Birthing balls are available for use in labor, and a high-tech fetal monitoring system allows you to be up and walking during labor. CCH staff encourages new parents to enjoy the Golden Hour with their newborn, where mother and baby enjoy skin-to-skin time in the first hour after birth.
Take a tour of the Family Birth Suites at Cape Coral Hospital here.
Other care for our entire region
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida: The only accredited children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami, Golisano Children’s Hospital provides a range of treatment options, including surgery, intensive care, various pediatric specialties, outpatient care as well as a wide array of social services for more than 22,000 patients each year.
We also have the only Emergency Department in Southwest Florida geared specifically toward children.
Shipley Cardiothoracic Center: Located at HealthPark Medical Center in Fort Myers, Shipley Cardiothoracic Center has a long-standing reputation as a minimally invasive center of excellence. Beginning with valve surgery more than 10 years ago, our program has expanded to include robotic heart surgery, transcatheter valve repair and replacement and hybrid surgery for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
Regional Cancer Center: Patients living with cancer have complex needs that go beyond medical treatment – you need peace of mind, togetherness, and a team that tirelessly fights for you at every step. Our cancer care specialists at the Regional Cancer Center, as well as oncologists at physician offices and clinics, go the extra mile to provide the latest treatment, whenever and however you need it. The RCC includes a free-standing facility, as well as dedicated patient floors at Gulf Coast Medical Center.
Lee Health Coconut Point: Coconut Point is changing the way the community thinks about healthcare. This healthcare hub doubles as a lifestyle center and community gather place with modern health and wellness options for mind, body, and spirit.
Lee Health Coconut Point has everything you need under one roof: 24/7 emergency care, primary care, specialists, outpatient surgery, imaging, pediatrics, a pharmacy, and women's care. We also have a cafe, comfortable social spaces, and technology to help you navigate the facility.
One of the things that sets Lee Health apart from the competition is MyChart—a tool that helps make communication a lot easier and quicker with your physician. Using MyChart, you can book an appointment, send a message or ask a question, request a medication refill, pay a bill, and more. Simply download the MyChart app, available for both Android and Apple users. Visit our Patient Resources page for scheduling options, telemedicine info, and MyChart desktop use.
Visit leehealth.org for everything listed above and more.