Medical Library News
Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) Evidence-Based Practice database
Joanna Brigs Institute (JBI) database has been added to the library's evidence-based practice resources online. Its systematic reviews complement those included in the Cochrane database. Published by the international not-for-profit research and development organization, it develops evidence in various formats for nursing, allied health, and medical professionals. It also supports information for patients. Documents include:
- Evidence Summaries - literature reviews that summarize existing international literature on common healthcare interventions
- Evidence-Based Recommended Practices - databases of procedures that describe and/or recommend practice on various clinical topics
- Best Practice Information Sheets - series of information guideline sheets produced specifically for practicing health professionals
- Systematic Reviews - comprehensive systematic reviews of international research literature
- Consumer Information Sheets - standardized summaries for patients and other clients
- Systematic Review Protocols - developed by experts from more 40 countries
- Technical Reports - documentation of all aspects of the development of Best Practice Information Sheets
There is no mobile application for this database, but it may be accessed on IntraLee (databases) without passwords and remotely via Athens or Citrix. In order to use JBI tools, a user has to first create his/her account on JBI website.
The New Library Extended (staffed) Hours
New Extended Hours (staffed) in all Lee Health libraries better fit the usage pattern - they change as the needs change, so please refer to the schedule posted online.
Key-Less Entry to a medical library is now available in LMH, CCH, GCMC, and in HPMC. Lee Health staff may use their proxy cards to scan their entrance to a library. If their cards don't work, they need to contact Security Department in their hospital.
The NEJM Journal Watch is free to physicians and staff at Lee Health. Register at www.jwatch.org (you may do that from your home computer) to receive daily short alerts with commentaries. When registering, you may set up for yourself My Alerts to receive weekly specialty updates. They will feature the latest summaries and commentary of medical research and guidelines. Only if you access Journal Watch from the library site on IntraLee, you will be able to also retrieve full-text articles JW refers to if the library subscribes to them. The link to NEJM JW is on the library menu on IntraLee - #10.
To request mobile applications or passwords to mobile-enabled databases, fill out Remote Access Request Form.
E-Journals Subscription Cancellation Starting January 1, 2019:
- Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery
- Southern Medical Journal
- Neurosurgery and Stroke journals will continue in print format and will be housed in the Medical Library in Lee Memorial Hospital.
Available for subscription
In order to receive a current issue of the New England Journal of Medicine via e-mail, please e-mail your name, employee number, phone number and your e-mail address (Lee Health Outlook address preferred) please click here: Contact the Medical Library
Those who receive the NEJM table of content at Lee Health Outlook e-mail address will be able to open every article in an issue. Those not on Outlook e-mail, will be able to open only "free full-text" articles as determined by the publisher.
In addition, the current issues (table of content with links to full-text articles) of following journals may be e-mailed to your mail box every time a new issue is published.
MEDICAL FULL-TEXT COLLECTION:
- Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Current Opinion in Neurology
- Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma
- Journal of Trauma and Acutre Care Surgery
- New England Journal of Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine's Journal Watch
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Emergency Care
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
NURSING FULL-TEXT COLLECTION
- AACN: Advanced Critical Care
- Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal
- Advances in Neonatal Care
- Advances in Nursing Science
- Advances in Skin and Wound Care
- American Journal of Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing Quarterly
- Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing
- Family & Community Health
- Gastroenterology Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Health Care Management Review
- Holistic Nursing Practice
- Home Healthcare Nurse
- JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports
- JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration
- Journal for Nurses in Professional Development(JNSD)
- Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Journal of Christian Nursing
- Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing
- Journal of Infusion Nursing
- Journal of Nursing Care Quality
- Journal of Patient Safety
- Journal of Pediatric Nursing
- Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing
- Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Journal of Trauma Nursing
- Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing
- MCN, The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practitioner, The
- Nursing Administration Quarterly
- Nursing Critical Care
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy
- Nursing Management (LWW)
- Nursing Research
- Nutrition Today
- OR Nurse
- Orthopaedic Nursing
- Plastic Surgical Nursing
- Professional Case Management
ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES PUBLICATION:
- Natural Medicines Newsletter (full-text issue)
To sign up for electronic subscription to any of the above journals or for table-on-content e-delivery service of others, send your name, employee number, phone number and your e-mail address please click here: Contact the Medical Library
If you use your Lee Health Outlook e-mail address, you won't need passwords. When using a different address, you will need to enter your OVID user ID and a password to open the full-text. Please contact the librarian to obtain them.
With your OVID user ID and OVID password, you may also read all e-journals to which Lee Health subscribes from OVID on your i-Pad or Android tablets. Follow the instructions for mobile application by clicking here.
Newsletter and Journal Subscriptions
To receive a monthly newsletter from Natural Medicines to your mailbox, register here.
You may sign up for an additional 500 + online journals through Clinical Key database from the Medical Library website on IntraLee by following these steps:
From the menu, select DATABASES, scroll down to Clinical Key, register at the upper right corner, if you have not done it yet. Click on Journals (under the search window) and select the journal which you would like to receive. When the new page opens, click on “New Issue Alerts: Subscribe” under the title of the journal. You will receive an e-mail with a table of content when a new issue of that journal is published. From there, you will be able to open full-text articles.
There is NO CHARGE to Lee Health staff and employees for the above service.
BoardVitals – NCLEX-RN an interactive tool allows for decreased study time, with everything organized under one platform and the best questions to study listed up front. With BoardVitals, you have the ability to create customized practice tests using many options including number or questions, subjects and more. Also included are detailed, up-to-date explanations with each answer, with references and links to applicable sources. When using it for the first time, you have to register from the link published on “Databases” page of the Medical Library site on IntraLee.
BoardVitals – NCLEX-RN and new CCRN Exam prep - an interactive tool allows for decreased study time, with everything organized under one platform and the best questions to study listed up front. With BoardVitals, you have the ability to create customized practice tests using many options including number or questions, subjects and more. Also included are detailed, up-to-date explanations with each answer, with references and links to applicable sources. When using it for the first time, you have to register from the link published on “Databases” page of the Medical Library site on IntraLee.
The library subscribes to the Audio-Digest Family Practice series of CDs. A total of 48 titles a year will be available for check out and for claiming CME credits upon completing a test. CDs and tests are available in LMH library. Check the most recent arrivals here.