Better nutrition goes hand-in-hand with a healthy lifestyle, but many people interested in eating right don’t always know where to start. What foods should they cook? And how should they prepare them?
Lee Health has two teaching kitchens that provides the community an opportunity to learn more about nutrition, meal preparation, and how to take control of their diet.
Cooking classes are taught by a registered dietitian, provide education and take-home recipes that are easy to implement into everyday life.
Demos showcase how to prepare healthier meals for your entire family.
The FARMacy RX Cooking Series is a small group, hands-on five-week series that teach you how to prepare delicious, nutritious food.
The FARMacy RX Cooking Series features several objectives:
- Safely demonstrate and practice a variety of basic knife skills
- Understand basic cooking techniques such as sautéing, roasting, steaming, and simmering
- Identify and shop for nutrient-dense, unprocessed whole foods
- How to utilize herbs, spices, and blends for flavor instead of salt
- Plan diets with proteins coming from animal and vegetable sources
- Choosing healthy carbohydrates for good fiber sources
- Types of fats and benefits of healthy fats
Cooking Demos are a hour long class that dives into nutrition and culinary techniques. Learn and observe new recipes and taste the end results!
- International Cooking Series – introduces flavors around the world
- Plant Based Recipes – increase vegetable intake through
- Quick & Easy Meal Prep
- Cooking for Two
Call 239-468-0050 for info and to register for upcoming classes and demos.