Shipley Cardiothoracic Center
Discover more about the Shipley Cardiothoracic Center
Our group has a long-standing reputation as a minimally invasive center of excellence. Take a look into the different services, programs, and treatments that are offered at this facility.
Located at HealthPark Medical Center in Fort Myers, FL, Shipley Cardiothoracic Center takes a revolutionary approach to improving healthcare in Southwest Florida. Shipley Cardiothoracic Center is the second-largest program in the state of Florida performing over 1,500 surgical cases annually. Our group has a long-standing reputation as a minimally invasive center of excellence. Beginning with valve surgery more than 10 years ago, our program has expanded to include robotic heart surgery, transcatheter valve repair and replacement and hybrid surgery for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. You can expect to be treated with respect, attention and a thorough analysis of your heart condition by our highly qualified multidisciplinary team.
Surgical Procedures Offered at Shipley:
- Cornorary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
- Valve Repair & Replacment:
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Repair or Replacement
- Tricuspid Valve Repair or Replacement
- Sutureless Valve
- Aorta Surgery
- Open Repair or Replacement
- Aortic Root Repair or Replacement
- Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation:
- Longstanding persistent
- Surgical Interventions Available
- Maze Procedure
- Left Atrial Appendage Clipping
- Hybrid Procedures in Concert with Electrophysiologist
- Leaders in Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery:
- Cornorary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Valve Repair and Replacement Surgery
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Transcatheter Therapies
- Trancatheter Aorta Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- MitraClip/Transcatheter Mitral Valve Clipping
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR)
- Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair (TEVAR)
- Robotic Surgery-da Vinci Xi Robotic Surgical System
- Minimally Invasive Direct Cornorary
- Artery Bypass (MIDCAB)
- Lung Cancer & Thoracic Surgery
- Tumors- Malignant, Benign
- Acute and Chronic Conditions
Parking is easy at Shipley Cardiothoracic Center. Shipley is located within HealthPark Medical Center. When visiting you can use the hospital main entrance- entrance A. Shipley is located on the first floor in HPMC across from Scooters Coffee Bar.
At HealthPark Medical Center and Shipley Cardiothoracic Center, you can park for free right in front of the entrance and all around the facility. Feel free to drop off passengers, patients, and visitors at the front door before parking.
Parking Lot Valet
Need a ride from your car to the door? Look out for our friendly volunteers driving golf carts throughout the parking lot, offering free rides to the hospital door.
Everyday 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM
- IBM Watson Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals- the only program in FL to receive this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Awarded the highest possible 3-star rating by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for lobectomy
- U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” by the American College of Cardiology
- Dr. Paul DiGiorgi, a Shipley Cardiothoracic Surgeon, received the American Heart Association’s 2022 Dr. Pascotto Golden Heart Award