Heart Care Transition Clinic
What is the Heart Care Transition Clinic?
The Heart Care Transition Clinic is a specialized medical office for cardiac patients recently discharged from the hospital to receive follow-up medical care. The Lee Health Heart and Vascular Institute Heart Care Transition team works with your cardiologist to ensure you get the follow-up care you need.
It is important for patients with a diagnosis of heart failure, cardiomyopathy or A-fib to go to a follow-up medical appointment shortly after discharge from the hospital.
The Heart Care Transition Clinic is located in the atrium of HealthPark Medical Center. This clinic is staffed by a specially trained cardiac nurse practitioner who conducts a detailed, in-depth visit with you.
What will I experience at the clinic?
You will meet with the Nurse Practitioner who will:
- Evaluate your overall condition and response to hospital therapy.
- Evaluate your medications making adjustments if necessary.
- Help arrange follow up diagnostic studies related to your medical condition.
- Provide education for a better understanding of the diagnosis, including symptoms to monitor and who to report any changes to.
- Assist with arranging follow-up with your cardiology team as well as any other specialist.