Lee Health: Your Heart Health Partner
Lee Health offers the most advance surgical options to ensure you experience the best care available with a greater selection of surgical approaches for you, better recovery times, and improved clinical outcomes.
Robotic Cardiothoracic Surgeries at Lee Health
While caring for both elective and urgent patients, our team performs a wide variety of cardiothoracic surgeries, including:
- Lobectomy - a surgery to remove one of the lobes of the lungs
- Pericardial Window - a surgical procedure in which a small part of the sac around the heart is surgically removed to drain excess fluid
- Pleurodesis - a surgical procedure to stop fluid or air from collecting in the pleural space—the space between the lung and chest wall
- Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass - a surgical intervention to treat coronary artery disease or coronary heart disease
- Thymectomy - a surgical procedure to remove the thymus gland located underneath the breast bone
- Wedge Resection - surgery that may be used to remove a tumor and a small amount of normal tissue around it
Shipley Cardiothoracic Center
9981 S HealthPark Dr, Suite 156 Fort Myers, FL 33908Fax: (239) 343-6342
Understanding Robotic-Assisted Cardiothoracic Surgery
Lee Health offers all of the most advanced surgical treatments for cardiology. With compassionate care and years of experience and training, our team is ready to help you manage and treat your heart with innovative surgical interventions to improve your quality of life.
Cutting Edge Technology for Your Cardiothoracic Care
Read more to understand the benefits of using robotic surgery for your cardiothoracic health needs, including shorter recovery times, significantly less pain, less blood loss and scarring, a faster return to normal activities and in many cases better clinical outcomes.