Our certified child life specialists work with children, families, medical staff, and the entire health care team to minimize the stress of a hospital experience through the following services:
- Pre-admission and pre-surgical tours
- Activities in the playroom, teen lounge, and bedside
- Preparation for medical tests, procedures, and surgeries
- Educational services, including homebound/hospital teaching and school re-entry program
- Providing a sense of normalcy for children coping with serious health issues
- Reducing stress to help recovery and allow children to cope with their medical situation
- Bereavement support with team members in the PICU and NICU
- Special events such as pet therapy, clowns, as well as planning birthday and holiday celebrations
Child Life Student Opportunities
Child Life Internship
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida offers a child life internship for those seeking to become Certified Child Life Specialists
Child Life Practicum
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida offers a child life practicum for individuals interested in pursuing a career in child life.
Music and art therapy help our patients our patients express themselves, relax, and focus on positive thoughts in our hospitals.
The Child Life Service Team at Golisano Children's Hospital
Interested in being part of Lee Health's Child Life Services team?View Available Jobs
Join us and be valued as a person, not just an employee, within a culture built on teamwork, empowerment, and continuous improvement. We have created something truly exceptional in Southwest Florida, with careers for compassionate health care professionals eager to realize their full potential across a diversity of opportunities throughout our health system. Come be recognized for your personal contributions with your new family at Lee Health and let our growth be the catalyst for your success.
Related Blog Articles
It's Their Specialty: Child Life Experts Prep Patients With Play
Comfort, distraction, and lots of laughs: Child life specialists make children feel at home so they stay comfortable – and maybe have a little fun – if they have to visit us.
Volunteers Needed for Golisano Children's Hospital
Want to be part of our team? You can spread smiles, help families, and make a difference every day.
Can Music Help Your Child's Development?
Studies suggest learning some tunes improves wellness – from pain to Alzheimer’s and more