What is an Autism Navigator?
The autism navigator guides families through the complex system of care. Beginning with the diagnosis by their treating physician, the navigator provides case management, follow-up and support to families.
- The autism navigator connects families with resources after the diagnosis.
- The child does not have to be a patient of a Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida physician to receive support from the autism navigator.
- Any provider or caregiver who cares for children or adolescents diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can make a referral.
Direct Services to Families in the Clinic
- The autism navigator meets with families free of charge to support them in their journey from diagnosis to transition into adolescence.
- Phone consultations also are available.
- A resource directory is available for families of children with ASD. This directory contains everything from therapy services to where to get a haircut.
- The autism navigator collaborates with community agencies to provide support groups for parent training, coping strategies and networking with other families.
The autism navigator is the link that creates a comprehensive, efficient and effective continuum of care for families and children with ASD.
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida is privileged to partner with the Naples Children & Education Foundation to provide care to so many families touched by ASD.
Golisano Children’s Health Center
3361 Pine Ridge Rd, Suite 201 Naples, FL 34109Fax: (239) 254-4271