Gynecological Surgery (Robotic)
Innovative Treatments for Faster Recovery
Lee Health uses robotic surgery as an innovative way to offer patients minimally invasive gynecological surgery with faster recovery times and less scarring.
Traditional open gynecologic surgery—using a large incision to access the uterus and surrounding anatomy—has been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures.
da Vinci® Robotic surgery allows surgeons to make dime-sized incisions, leading to less trauma to the body and less pain for patients. Robotic surgery can get you back to your normal routine faster and easier.
Lee Health uses da Vinci® robotic surgery for numerous procedures:
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy): Robotic surgery allows your surgeon a better view, which is critical when working around delicate and confined structures like the bladder.
- Supracervical hysterectomy: Removes the uterus and leaves the cervix intact
- Fibroid removal (myomectomy): Robotic surgery's precision can help in the reconstruction of the uterine wall, regardless of the size or location of fibroids.
- Treatment of prolapsed (fallen) uterus (sacrocolpopexy)
- A procedure to insert mesh to hold the vagina if a woman has a prolapsed uterus.
- Removal of the fallopian tubes and ovaries
- Treatment of endometriosis (adenomyosis): A robotic endromesiosis resection allows your surgeon to perform a thorough removal of deeply penetrated or widespread endometrial implants – while preserving your uterus.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option.
Through tiny incisions, surgeons can operate with great precision and control, minimizing the pain and risk often associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
Potential benefits include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less scarring
- A shorter hospital stay
- A faster return to normal daily activities