Regional Cancer Center Inpatient Services at Gulf Coast Medical Center
The brand-new 7th floor at Gulf Coast Medical Center is dedicated solely to inpatient cancer care.
This “hospital within a hospital” (part of the Regional Cancer Center) with dedicated patient beds stands toe-to-toe with cancer facilities around the country and gives you the added bonus of a personal touch: You’ll get to know each member of your care team, and these passionate staff members will treat you like family.
Inpatient cancer services in one location ensure quick diagnosis, individualized treatment plans, and unparalleled convenience.
Our new inpatient floor eliminates stress about traveling and visiting different locations. The new floor also means you and your family will always have a comfortable place to face your battle, head-on, with all the expert support you need.
- Cancer surgery
- Inpatient chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators to walk you through explanations, tests, and next steps
- ER doctors with special cancer training
- Supportive care for toxicity and other complications from treatment
- Intensive Care Units strictly for cancer patients
- Access to the newest technology such as surgical robots for less invasive procedures
- Better communication tools so care teams can meet regularly to discuss patient