Specialized Cancer Care
Built on a commitment of compassionate care and support, Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida offers specialized care for children with cancer and blood disorders. We help families right here in our area maintain as much of their normal daily lives as possible while a child undergoes treatment.
The State of Florida Department of Children’s Medical Services designated our Hematology/Oncology program as one of just nine centers in the state for infants and children diagnosed with cancer and blood disorders.
We ensure that patients have access to advanced therapies and the collective expertise of world-renowned specialists.
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology - Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
9981 S HealthPark Dr Fort Myers, FL 33908Fax: (239) 343-5321
Conditions We Treat
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Solid tumors (Hodgkin’s lymphoma and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma)
- Germ cell tumors
- Kidney tumors
- Brain tumors
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Blood and bleeding disorders
- Sickle cell hemoglobinopathies
- Other more rare coagulation disorders
- Aplastic anemia
- Thrombophilia evaluations (treatment of VTE)
View Our Pediatric Hematology/Oncology DoctorsFind Now
Other Services for Children
- Biological therapy for inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatologic conditions
- Immune globulin infusions for immune deficiencies and neurologic conditions
- Transfusion of blood products for blood disorders
- Infusion chemotherapy for cancer patients
- Diagnostic and therapeutic lumbar punctures with sedation
- Gene therapy
- Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Oncology Program
Chrissy Brown Inpatient Hematology/Oncology Unit
A special place for children and families coping with extended hospital stays, this unit combines lifesaving care and many comforts of home so children and families can focus on treatment and recovery.
Barbara’s Friends Hematology/Oncology Outpatient Center
For children who are going through treatment, but do not need to be hospitalized, Barbara’s Friends Outpatient Center provides the therapy they need in a kid-friendly environment.
The Power of Giving
Your giving matters. Every day. You can make a difference in the life of a child. Together, we're making a lasting impact.Lee Health Foundation
Pediatric Blog Articles
Volunteers Needed for Golisano Children's Hospital
Want to be part of our team? You can spread smiles, help families, and make a difference every day.
Exercise and Nutrition
Snacks Aren't All Bad!
Don’t skip breakfast, snack only when you are hungry, and you might still be able to have some pizza and peanut butter.
Can Music Help Your Child's Development?
Studies suggest learning some tunes improves wellness – from pain to Alzheimer’s and more