Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center
Who we are, what we do
The sleep medicine team coordinates the diagnostic testing, therapeutic intervention and follow-up for all sleep disorders, from infancy through adolescence.
When a sleep problem is associated with a secondary condition, our specialists work with experts from other departments at Golisano Children's Hospital to develop a comprehensive care plan for your child. We treat all pediatric sleep disorders, including:
- Behavioral sleep disorders
- Central sleep apnea (apnea related to medical conditions)
- Delayed sleep phase
- Narcolepsy and disorders causing sleepiness
- Obstructive sleep apnea (apnea related to a problem with a child's airway)
- Parasomnias (unusual behaviors during sleep)
- Periodic limb movement disorder and restless legs syndrome
- Sleep-related hypoventilation or hypoxemia
Results of Your Sleep Study
One of the physicians associated with the Sleep Disorders Center will interpret your child's sleep test. We will send a final report to your referring physician.
You should contact your physician for a follow-up visit to review the results of the study and to receive treatment.