Our clincally trained and board-certified spiritual services staff members help patients and their families with:
Spiritual Care Support
- Prayers, invocations and blessings
- Compassionate and active listening
- Rituals, rites and sacraments
- Sacred texts and religious resources
- Crisis intervention
- Connection with local faith communities
- Pre- and postoperative visits
- Parish Nurse Program
- Pediatric/Pregnancy Bereavement Support Program
- Interfaith chapel
Staff and Volunteer Support
- Critical Incident Stress Response
- New volunteer orientation
- Crisis counseling
- Memorial, funeral and wedding services
End of Life Care
- Goals of care discussion and support
- End of life care decisions, discussion and support
- Exploration of spiritual needs, concerns and values
- Spiritual and cultural support
- Spiritual rituals and prayers
- Bereavement care and grief support
- Ethical conversations around end-of-life care
Interdisciplinary Team Collaboration
- Spiritual screening, assessment and plan of care
- Religious/cultural resource
- Patient rounds participation
- Patient and family care conference participation
- Ethics consultations and education
- Advance Directives education and assistance
- Spiritual Services Endowment Fund
Making decisions about your child's health care often involves difficult moral and ethical questions. Your personal beliefs, values, and goals may differ from those of your health care providers or other family members.
If disagreement develops about care, you can request a review or consultation with the Ethics Consultation Group.
The Ethics Consultation Group comprises doctors, nurses, social workers, administrators, legal counsel, chaplains, community members and others who have been trained to deal with moral and ethical issues.
One function of the group is to support those who are trying to make these difficult decisions. The group does not make decisions; it serves in a consultation/advisory capacity or as a resource for exploring options available to those needing assistance.
Anyone -- patient, family member, physician, hurse, hospital personnel -- may request an ethics review case. This review can help resolve many ethical questions, problems, or conflicts.
The following process has been established for requesting an ethics review:
- Call Ethics Consult Request Phone Line
- Lee Health: 239-343-5049
- Contact Spiritual Services to initiate your ethics consultation request. Patients or family members may ask Nursing for assistance.
- Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- After Hours: Monday through Friday - 4:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. and weekends
Help Our Mission
You can play a major role in continuing the mission of Lee Health Spiritual Services. Your tax-deductible donation, made through Lee Health Foundation, will allow us to continue our efforts on behalf of our patients and community.
For more information, please contact the Lee Health Foundation at 239-343-6950 or visit www.leehealthfoundation.org.