The Rehabilitation Hospital Admission, Transition, and Discharge Criteria
- 8 years of age or older
- Presence of a treatable medical rehabilitation diagnosis
- Patient must be medically complex yet stable
- Patient must be non-ventilator dependent
- Need comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program as determined by physiatrist
- It must be reasonable and necessary to furnish the care on a hospital basis, rather than in a less intensive facility such as a SNF, or on an outpatient basis.
- Have the ability to participate in and benefit from intensive rehabilitation
- Able to tolerate 3 hours of intensive therapy per day (5 of 7 days per week)
- Able to follow commands and actively participate in therapy
- Patient should be approved by insurance company or financial assistance program for admission to inpatient rehab
- Patient should have a defined achievable discharge disposition
For traumatic and Non traumatic Spinal Cord Injury Patients:
- Patients injury must be below the forth cervical vertebra and require no mechanical ventilation
- Patients with previous Spinal Cord Injury may also be qualified for admission with conditions directly related to the original injury example: Pressure ulcers, complex urinary tract infections
- Patient has met all goals set in collaboration with the Rehab Team for the Inpatient Rehabilitation stay.
- Patient refusing the 3-hour intensity requirement
- Patient not showing any measurable functional improvement
- Patient not complying with the expectations laid out in a behavioral contract
- Non-voluntary discharge when patient is not medically stable for continued participation in a Rehab Program. May require admission to acute hospital.
- Insurance company ready to provide next level of care.
Hours of Operation
- Rehab physician/designee: Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Rehab nursing: Available 24 hours /day, 7 days/week
- Therapy services: Available 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 7 days/week
- Care Management and Social Work: Available 8 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Mon. - Sat.
- Psychology Services: Available 7 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., Tues.-Sat. (Onsite)