Skilled Nursing Unit at Gulf Coast Medical Center
Skilled Nursing Unit at Gulf Coast Medical Center Administrator: Laura Noble
The Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit is a 75 private-bed unit rehabilitation facility on Plantation Road near Gulf Coast Medical Center.
Our Skilled Nursing Unit introduces a new model for rehabilitative care that allows for seamless patient transitions. We also provide the amenities, services, and comfort that foster fulfilling relationships with patients. Each room is private, and each floor has its own dining area.
Whether recovering from joint surgery, a stroke, heart surgery or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or any other medical condition, our goal is to assist you with rehabilitation and prepare you to return to the community as quickly as possible.
Our Expert Staff
The Skilled Nursing Unit comprises an onsite medical director as well as a team of advanced medical providers, registered nurses (RNs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs), physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists.
These specialized therapists excel in multiple areas, such as balance management, stroke rehabilitation, cardiac rehabilitation, joint rehabilitation and dysphagia.
A knowledgeable social worker is also part of the care team that will assist patients with their continued success throughout their recovery.
Our registered dietitians work with clinical and therapy teams to develop menus and specialized diets. Our team utilizes the latest treatments to create a patient-centered plan to ensure every patient’s successful transition to the next level in care.
Amenities & Services
The Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit offers a new facility designed specifically to meet the needs of our patients and their families:
- Therapy Gym: Physical, occupational and speech therapy is available seven days a week
- Private Therapy Treatment Rooms: For patients who require more privacy
- Nurses’ Station: On each floor the nurses’ station is staffed by the unit charge nurse, lead therapist, social worker, and advanced provider
- FreeStep: An overhead track and harness system safely helps patients with their gait and balance
- Biodex Treadmill: Measures step length, step speed, and step symmetry
- Salon: Patients will enjoy hair and nail services to make them feel refreshed and renewed
- Healing Garden: Fresh air and a walking trail help prepare the patient to navigate their home environment safely
- Bistro/Community Room: A place where patients and their families can relax, watch TV, play games, prepare meals and eat
- Announcement TV: Continually informs patients and families about special events, activities, dining menu, and other news
- Wireless Internet: standard in all rooms and computer workstations located around hospital
- On-Demand Dining: Hospitality bar and cafeteria for patients and guests
Commitment to Care
Upon each patient’s admission to the Skilled Nursing Unit, our interdisciplinary team meets to review the patient’s goals and any potential barriers to progress.
Our experts customize a care transition plan to ensure the patient is returned home as quickly and safely as possible. Before the date of discharge and if appropriate, our team can conduct a home evaluation to ensure the patient safely transitions to the next level of care.
Most patients who recuperate at the Skilled Nursing Unit regain their quality of life. Their recovery enables them to return home quickly and enjoy better mobility with less pain.
Masking and Facial Covering Policy
Skilled Nursing Facility - Gulf Coast Medical Center
13960 Plantation Rd Fort Myers, FL 33912