When you or your child gets sick, you need care right away.
That’s why Lee Health brings you Lee TeleHealth, an on-demand medical service from the comfort of your own home. All you need to use our telehealth app is a smartphone, tablet or a computer with a webcam. Click the link to get started.
As the current wave of the coronavirus continues to spread across Southwest Florida, Lee TeleHealth service cost $49 for a visit. Lee TeleHealth connects patients directly with a physician or advanced provider and is available 24/7.
Lee TeleHealth is safe, secure, and saves time.
See a Doctor Now!
Lee TeleHealth: Download Today
To help serve our community during this time, Lee Health's TeleHealth service allows you to have a virtual visit with a doctor instead of going to an urgent care.
Lee TeleHealth is perfect for non-emergencies:
- Cold and flu
- COVID-19 pre-screening
- Sinus infection
- Pink eye
- General questions and more
Doctors are also available right now if:
- You have limited mobility or transportation problems
- You are on your vacation and don’t know what medical facility to visit
- You have the cold or flu – and the last thing you want to do is get in the car and sit in an office
Talk to a provider 24/7. Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to download the Lee TeleHealth mobile app. Or visit www.leetelehealth.org.
Reach out today!
What does Lee TeleHealth cost?
The normal cost of a visit is $49. Lee Telehealth connects patients directly with a physician or advanced provider and is available 24/7.
Is TeleHealth right for you? Four things you need to know
Here are a few things to consider if you are thinking about connecting with a doctor through your smartphone, tablet, or computer:
- TeleHealth is perfect for certain conditions. We’re talking non-emergencies only, of course. Do you have a cold, a twisted ankle, or an earache? Are those annoying allergies acting up? Do you have a sore throat, rash, urinary tract infection, or a sprain or strain? A bad case of the flu? Telemedicine doctors train to deal with these kinds of complaints, and patients can access TeleHealth from home, a parked car, from their office – and in the middle of the night when an urgent care office might be closed.
- TeleHealth helps those with limited mobility or transportation problems. We’ve all been there: Can’t find a sitter, car is in the shop, or you’re just not getting out of that staff meeting. Telemedicine certainly provides convenience and instant access – right from your office chair or in the breakroom if you need it. And patients who have trouble getting around because of physical issues now have a new stress-free option.
- On your vacation and don’t know where to go? You’ve traveled to Florida for a little fun in the sun and, instead, you end up with a cold? Dial up TeleHealth. You’ve gone to visit the in-laws in Michigan and don’t want to visit an urgent care there? Use an online group you’re familiar with back home.
- Privacy, prescriptions, and prompt service. We’re all worried about data and personal information floating somewhere out there through a computer tube, but Lee TeleHealth uses encryption to keep your stuff safe. And online doctors are still doctors: They schedule follow-up care, call in your prescriptions, or refer you to other facilities if you need more rigorous test.